- Initial written letter of interest with a personal statement and current CV
- Support letters: Current Program Director or Division Chief and 2 professional references upon request
- Application deadline January 15 for July 1 start date
You can apply to the UMMS-Baystate Emergency Medicine Research Fellowship by contacting us directly via email or conventional mail at:
Kathleen Diederich, Fellowship Coordinator
Baystate Medical Center
Department of Emergency Medicine
759 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01199
Prior to matriculation to fellowship training at Baystate Medical Center, all incoming fellows must have:
- Successfully completed an accredited Emergency Medicine Residency Program or Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Passed the USMLE Step 3 or COMLEX-USA Level 3 examination
- A full medical license from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine prior to starting and all necessary certifications to practice independently
- A demonstrated interest and competency in medical research
- Satisfactory findings from all pre-employment verifications conducted that may include a combination of the following criminal background and/or CORI file review, professional references, license verification, driving record evaluation, and credentialing review
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination including a urine drug test
- All fellowship candidates must fulfill Baystate's Resident/Fellow Appointment Requirements.
Consistent with recommendations from the AAMC and the ACGME, UMMS-Baystate GME programs will conduct interviews virtually for all applicants. The chosen platform is Thalamus.
We are developing the process as well as the schedule for the 2020-2021 interview season, and updates will be published when available.
Contact for Questions