Do you have a fear of falling? Have you ever been told you are slightly off balance? Join Baystate Rehabilitation Care experts Nancy Densmore, PTA; Michelle Downs, PT; and Erin Jarosz, OT, clinical supervisor; Ida Konderwicz, RN, Baystate Medical Center Injury Prevention Program; Paula Aritan, Baystate Home Infusion & Respiratory Services; Karen Kiernan, PT, and Dena Plante, PTA, Baystate Wing Hospital for an interactive event on fall prevention.
Each attendee will receive:
• Discussion about individual risk factors with a physical therapist
• Instructions for specific exercises to improve balance
• Information about environmental safety and equipment
that may help prevent falls
• A falls-prevention checklist and prevention strategies
• Information about the types of fall injuries
Wear comfortable clothing. Refreshments served. Space is limited. FREE!
Monday, March 19, 6-7:45 pm
Baystate Health Education Center
361 Whitney Ave, Holyoke, MA