Building Your Toolbox for Leadership Advancement
The Building Your Toolbox for Leadership Advancement series is a virtual leadership development program. Sessions are remote (see below for dates and times) and are also recorded for asynchronous viewing.
Please contact Marc Labrie, MBA, Director of the Office of Faculty Affairs, at Marc.Labrie@baystatehealth.org with inquires or registration requests.
- The Value of Informal Leaders in Culture Change (Video Recording) presented by Tara M. Catanzano, MD, FSABI, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Radiology, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs at UMass Chan-Baystate. Recorded on May 18, 2023.
- What's App-What's That??? Leadership Tips for Multigenerational Communication (Video Recording) presented by Tara M. Catanzano, MD, FSABI, Professor and Vice Chair of Academic Affairs, Department of Radiology, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs at UMass Chan-Baystate, and Devrim Ersahin, MD, Assistant Professor of Radiology at UMass Chan-Baystate. Recorded on March 22, 2023.
Interested in topics relevant to academic promotion? Visit our Academic Advancement page to watch our Building Your Toolbox for Academic Advancement sessions.
Division Chief Leadership Bootcamp
The Fall 2023 application period is currently closed.
The Division Chief Leadership Bootcamp (DCLB) is a two-day professional development program to enhance skills in Conflict Management, Delegation, Change Management, Healthcare Finance, and Talent Acquisition. The Office of Faculty Affairs developed the DCLB in recognition of the key role Division Chiefs play in our health system’s leadership. Division Chiefs preside over the clinical output of their units; manage as stewards of their departments and Baystate Health (i.e., budget, recruit, and communicate & operationalize enterprise strategies); direct and develop our human resource, and advance our institution’s academic mission.
The Division Chief Leadership Bootcamp takes place during two consecutive days and includes a mixture of presentations and interactive exercises. To be eligible to participate, individuals must be a Division Chief at Baystate Health and must be nominated by their Department Chairs or Service Line Leaders. The program is offered every 2-3 years.
Physician Leadership Academy
The application period is currently closed. Please check back in Summer 2024.
The Office of Faculty Affairs offers a biennial Physician Leadership Academy (PLA) to cultivate emerging physician leaders. The curriculum includes didactic lectures, workshops, small group discussions, and a mentored project. The program consists of one full-day session every two weeks over the course of five months. Session topics include:
- Challenging Conversations
- Process Improvement & Change Management
- Healthcare Finance
- Unconscious Bias
- Culture of Safety
- Academic Strategic Career Planning
Every quarter, the Office of Faculty Affairs hosts a webinar for the PLA alumni. The program features a discussion with Mark Keroack, MD, MPH, President & Chief Executive Officer of Baystate Health, and includes an invited guest presentation.
View our PLA alumni
For more information on any of our leadership development programs, please email Patti Feeney, MSM, Senior Consultant for Physician Leadership Development and Engagement, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Patti.Feeney@baystatehealth.org or call 413-795-1150.
(Updated August 2023)