When you have a problem with your brain, spinal cord, or nerves, you may be referred to a neurosurgeon. No matter what type of neurosurgical care you need, our team of experts in Neurosciences & Rehabilitation is here to guide you through the process.
The American College of Surgeons has certified Baystate Medical Center as a Level I Trauma Center for adult trauma and a Level II trauma center for pediatric trauma.
Conditions We Treat with Neurosurgery
Baystate provides both adult and pediatric neurosurgery care to treat neurological conditions.
Some of the conditions we treat with neurosurgery and interventional neurology include:
- Brain aneurysms and vascular malformations
- Brain tumors
- Central nervous system tumors
- Craniofacial deformities
- Degenerative spine and disc disorders
- Neurological trauma
- Pituitary tumors
- Skull-base tumors
- Spina bifida and other congenital brain and spine disorders
- Spinal injuries
- Spinal tumors
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Traumatic brain injuries
Neurosurgical Procedures We Offer
When you come to Baystate for neurosurgery, you’ll have access to more neurosurgical and interventional neurological procedures than anywhere else in western Massachusetts. Some of the many procedures we offer include:
- Deep-brain stimulation
- Spinal surgery of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spin, including complex spine procedures
- Intraoperative CT guided cranial and spine procedures
- Minimally invasive and noninvasive treatments for strokes
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Neurological endoscopy
- Neurovascular procedures to treat aneurysms, including traditional and minimally invasive options
- Shunt surgery and management
We also offer prenatal counseling for brain and spine anomalies that may be present in your unborn baby.