Clinical Trials Office
Bringing High-Impact Clinical Trials to the Baystate Community
Current Clinical Trials
to explore clinical trials at Baystate.
The mission of the Clinical Trials Office (CTO) is to invest and support in clinically relevant sponsored research opportunities that will translate new knowledge into clinical practice to improve human health. The CTO provides infrastructure, services, and training to support clinical and translational research and to catalyze the formation of new research themes for Baystate Health investigators. The CTO will promote faculty development to support excellence in conducting research, advance the development of partnerships with industry professionals and other academic institutions, and work with Sponsored Programs to maintain a sustainable business model for clinical research at Baystate Health. The office will work closely with HRPP and SPA to optimize our administrative infrastructure.
The CTO oversees clinical projects and departmental research activities including trial timelines, budgets resource requirements and data quality in collaboration with SPA and HRPP. Our goals are:
- To support translational research in specific thematic areas of strength that has a high likelihood of sustainability, is viewed as mission-relevant, stands a high likelihood of sponsored l funding, promotes scholarly opportunities, and possesses the greatest potential to collaborate with sponsors and institutions.
- To ensure that sponsored research priorities are appropriately focused, integrated with the institutional mission and prioritized.
- To create and implement collaborative research initiatives with sponsors and institution.
- Ensure that effective project plans are implemented and operational for each trial and work proactively with the designated research groups to establish priorities in accordance with the project plans, institutional operational procedures for conducting trials, ICH/GCP guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- To maintain links with industry and other non-federal sources of research support.
- To identify collaborative opportunities to support faculty seeking to become investigators.
- To create a clinical multi-disciplinary outpatient clinical research center to conduct outpatient research.
For more information about the Clinical Trials Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-794-5584.