Applying to the Obstetrics Gynecology Residency
The UMMS-Baystate Ob/Gyn Residency Program participates in the ERAS Program for the residency application process. For information about applying to our Ob-Gyn residency, visit the ERAS website.
The deadline for the receipt of the ERAS application is December 31.
- Applications received by fax, mail or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Qualified applicants are identified based on academic performance, passing USMLE/COMLEX I & II scores, and letters of recommendation.
Completed Common ERAS Application Form
- USMLE or COMLEX Step I and II Scores
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean's Letter
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (it is strongly recommended that one be from a clerkship or Sub-I director).
- All residency candidates must fulfill Baystate Resident Appointment Requirements
Baystate Medical Center accepts only J1 Clinical Visas, and we require one full year of hands-on clinical experience in the U.S. for international applicants.
We review ERAS applications daily. If your application is accepted, you’ll receive an interview invitation via Interview Broker.
Interviews begin in mid-November and continue through the end of January.
- You will be interviewed by a combination of Program Director/Associate Program Director, faculty members, current residents, midwives, and nursing leaders. The day consists of 6 interviews with a mix of behavioral interviewing and more casual Q&A formats.
- Your interview day will include lunch with current residents and a tour of hospital facilities.
- The evening before your interview, you’ll be invited to join some of our residents for a dinner hosted by one of our current residents at their home. This will give you the opportunity to learn about our residency program and life in western Mass in a relaxed, informal setting.