Cytopathology Fellowship at UMMS-Baystate
Our 1-year ACGME-approved Cytopathology Fellowship program curriculum provides comprehensive training in all aspects of cytopathology.
The combination of patient material and volume, motivated expert faculty, and a cooperative and friendly atmosphere will provide you with valuable experience that will help you acquire the skills you seek in your development as a cytopathologist.
One of the Largest Laboratories in New England
The wide breadth of interesting clinical material in our cytopathology lab offers excellent educational opportunities:
- approximately 50,000 cases per year
- 5,000 of which are nongynecologic—including approximately 1,800 fine needle aspiration biopsies.
Faculty Trained at Many of the Top Academic Centers
Our board-certified cytopathologists, hematopathologists, and teaching cytotechnologist have diverse clinical and research interests.
And, they are dedicated to providing outstanding education to our fellows.
Cooperative and Friendly Environment
- Quality group of experienced cytotechnologists
- Skilled, committed support staff
- Excellent physical space.