Program at a Glance
Thank you for your interest in our ACGME-accredited 2-year Critical Care Fellowship Program at Baystate Medical Center, regional campus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School. We offer 4 positions per year.
Our program emphasizes 20 months of exceptional clinical training and includes the option of 4 months of research in the second year.
We have committed resources to a state-of-the-art 32-bed adult intensive care unit that is run by board certified Critical Care Specialists whose primary disciplines are Internal Medicine, Pulmonary, Infectious Diseases, Anesthesia, or Surgery.
Fellowship Director: Mark Tidswell, MD phone: 413-794-1960
Program Administrator: Amanda Duda email: email@example.com phone: 413-794-4146
Program & Department Metrics
- Length of fellowship: 2 years
- Number of fellows per year: 4
- Number of faculty: 21
- ICU patient volume: ~2,500: 30% surgical, 70% medical
- Number of hospital beds: 716
- Number of residency programs: 10 ACGME-accredited residencies
- Number of fellowship programs: 16 ACGME-accredited fellowships plus several sponsored fellowships
Fellow Benefits & Facilities
- We attempt to maintain salaries in the 75th percentile nationally, and here in western Massachusetts, we enjoy a lower cost of living than in major urban areas. View our complete list of salaries and benefits.
- 4 weeks vacation/year, meal subsidy, free parking
- Disability/Malpractice/Health/Life Insurance
- Fellows have their own office space to share, each fellow with an assigned workstation
- Comprehensive electronic medical record
- Well-supplied, on-campus hospital library with 8 librarians and robust e-medicine resources (Up-to-Date, Ovid, etc)
- Access to digital library holdings at UMass Medical School, in Worcester MA
(Curriculum is modified to meet each Fellow's individual needs.)
- PG4: MICU (4 months); SICU (1 month); CICU (1 month); Triage (1 month); Anesthesia (1 month); Electives (4 months)
- PG5: MICU (4 months); SICU (1 month); CICU (1 month); Triage (1 month); Electives/Research (5 months)
- Weekly Conferences: core curriculum series, attending rounds
- Monthly Conferences: simulation laboratory, fellows' case presentations, journal club, morbidity & mortality conference