For Your Safety and Ours
We ask all visitors to wear masks. Have COVID-19 or symptoms? Please call first.
See Our Safety Policies
Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Our Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine program (located in Springfield and Greenfield, Massachusetts) is an outpatient program that focuses on chronic and non-healing wounds. We are the largest program in the region, offering the best clinical outcomes.
Comprehensive Care for the Hard-to-Heal
Most wounds heal with cleaning, bandages, and a little time. We treat difficult wounds--the persistent ones, often complicated by other medical problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. This level of care comes through:
- Evidence-based comprehensive care that manages all disorders and conditions related to the wound.
- A multidisciplinary team of physicians and health professionals specially trained in the evidence-based care.
- Therapies and leading technology such as bioengineered tissue, adjunctive physical therapy modalities, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
The Region's Premier Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is one of the advanced treatment options we offer. It is one of the most powerful tools for treating the hardest-to-heal wounds. It works by improving oxygen flow to tissues that stimulate the formation of new blood vessels and encourage cell growth. In short, it speeds up the healing process.
What We Treat
- Leg ulcers
- Wounds secondary to infection
- Diabetic foot ulcers, DFU
- Arterial ulcers
- Pressure ulcers (i.e., decubiti)
- Traumatic wounds
- Post operative wounds
- Complex soft tissue wounds
- Compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Radiation tissue damage and bone
- Osteomyelitis (infection/inflammation of bone/marrow)
- Second and third degree burn wounds