For Your Safety and Ours
We ask all visitors to wear masks. Have COVID-19 or symptoms? Please call first.
See Our Safety Policies
We can help answer the question "Can I Drive?"
Screening Criteria for Patients 55 and Older
If you notice any of the following changes, you or your family member may benefit from an occupational therapy driving assessment.
1. Changes in short-term or long-term memory.
2. Changes in vision or ability to process visual information (recognizing an identifying objects and decision-making related to those objects).
3. Changes in physical coordination, strength, or range of motion in the neck, arms or legs.
4. Changes in ability to problem-solve or perform higher executive functioning skills independently.
5. Changes in medical status or medications that may impact any of the above listed functions.
To schedule a driving evaluation, you will need a prescription from your provider stating: “Occupational Therapy evaluation for functional community mobility.”
Learn more about occupational therapy services at Baystate Health.