To start the program or make a referral, call 413-794-5555
For patients in need of crisis intervention, Baystate Health provides partial hospitalization programs (PHP) for adults at three locations in the Connecticut River Valley: Greenfield, Springfield, and Westfield.
We are also the only provider of PHP care for children and adolescents in western Massachusetts.
Who Should Attend Partial Hospitalization?
If you’re looking for intensive support to create change in your life, and you feel that you need more than your current outpatient support system can provide, you might benefit from PHP.
We offer short-term, intensive psychiatric services for patients in need of crisis intervention and stabilization.
You might benefit from PHP if you:
- Are looking for intensive support to change your life, and feel that you need more than your current outpatient support system can provide
- Need more than outpatient therapy, but are able to care for yourself safely
- Do not need the increased support of inpatient psychiatric treatment
- Need a supportive transition after a brief inpatient hospitalization stay
What Happens At PHP?
PHP offers comprehensive, multidisciplinary therapeutic treatment. Our team will design your treatment to meet your individual needs.
Our goal is to:
- Stabilize distressing symptoms
- Increase self-understanding and improve coping strategies
- Develop self-confidence to help you move forward through life
Our partial hospitalization program includes:
Interactive groups to help you identify and work through difficult thoughts and feelings, learn healthy coping skills, and practice interacting in social and family relationships
- Education to help you understand mental health conditions
- Psychiatric medication evaluation and management
- Individualized treatment and referrals to community supports
- Family meetings to help patients and their families understand and manage psychiatric issues
- Individualized plans to stop suicidal or self-harm behaviors and reduce reliance on addictive substances
- Trauma-informed care to address the symptoms of trauma and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Discharge planning and assistance with outpatient follow-up
Can PHP Meet Your Needs?
Baystate Health partial hospitalization services provide care for a full range of psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to:
- Anxiety & panic
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mood disorders/bipolar disorder
- Psychotic disorders/schizophrenia
- Co-occurring disorders (when someone has a mental health disorder and a substance use, addictive behavior, eating disorder, or chronic health issue at the same time)
Partial Hospitalization Program Locations