Applying to the Radiology Residency
The Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program at Baystate Medical Center participates in the ERAS Program for the residency application process. To obtain information about an application for our Radiology Residency Program, visit the ERAS website.
- Applications received by mail will not be accepted.
- The deadline for the receipt of the ERAS application is November 15th.
- Upon receipt of the application, it will be reviewed and an invitation for an interview will be extended by e-mail to qualified applicants.
- Interviews are offered based on academic performance, USMLE scores and letters of recommendation.
- Completed Common ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean's Letter
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE Step I and II (Step II best if available by February)
- Photo (optional but it is great to link a face with the name)
- All residency applicants must fulfill Baystate's Resident & Fellow Appointment Requirements.
Institutional Policy on Visa Status
Baystate Medical Center sponsors J1 Visas through ECFMG for applicants who are eligible for appointment to a residency or fellowship position.
The availability of the institution to support H1B Visas is very limited and not generally available; however, upon request from a Program Director and under exceptional circumstances, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Baystate Medical Center will review H1B applications on a case by case basis.
Consistent with recommendations from the AAMC and the ACGME, UMMS-Baystate GME programs will conduct interviews virtually for all applicants. The chosen platform is Thalamus.
We are developing the process as well as the schedule for the 2020-2021 interview season, and updates will be published when available.
Please feel free to call 413-794-3521 with any questions that you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you.