Applying to the Anesthesiology Residency
The Anesthesiology Residency Program at Baystate Medical Center participates in the ERAS Program for the residency application process. For information about an application for our Anesthesiology Program, visit the ERAS website.
- Applications received by mail will not be accepted.
- The deadline for receipt of the ERAS application is December 31.
- Upon receipt of the application, it will be reviewed and an invitation for an interview will be extended by e-mail to qualified applicants.
- Interviews are offered based on academic performance, USMLE or Comlex scores and letters of recommendation.
- USMLE scores should be at least 230 and Comlex scores should be at least 450 to remain competitive. You must have passed either USMLE Steps I and II or Comlex Step I and II to be considered for our program.
- We only accept applications through ERAS: include 3 letters of recommendation, Dean's letter, medical school transcripts, copies of USMLE/COMLEX scores, and photo.
- If you had spent time in another training program, we will need a letter of recommendation of the Program Director.
- All resident applicants must fulfill Baystate's Resident & Fellow Appointment Requirements.
International Medical School Graduates
In addition to the above, the following are also required:
- A current ECFMG certificate, valid indefinitely
- Clinical experience is required within the last three years. Note: Observerships and Externships DO NOT fulfill this requirement.
- Baystate Medical Center prefers to sponsor J1 visas; however, with the promotion of the Program Director and under exceptional circumstances, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Baystate Medical Center will review H1B applications on a case by case basis.
Consistent with recommendations from the AAMC and the ACGME, UMMS-Baystate GME programs will conduct interviews virtually for all applicants. The chosen platform is Thalamus.
We are developing the process as well as the schedule for the 2020-2021 interview season, and updates will be published when available.
Please feel free to call 413-794-4326 or 800-959-4233 if you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!