The Emergency Medicine Education Fellowship at UMMS-Baystate, regional campus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, prepares you for a successful career as a leader in academic emergency medicine.
Develop the Skill Set to Thrive as an EM Educator
The specialty of Emergency Medicine has grown and evolved rapidly—fueling the need for well-trained emergency medicine educators.
Our mentored fellowship provides the necessary advanced training not provided by the typical EM residency—clinical and didactic education, research in the area of education, curricular innovation, and education administration.
You will graduate with an overflowing portfolio:
- Extensive experience in education administration
- Lectures in regional, national and international arenas
- Publication of research projects
Built-in Flexibility Lets You Tailor Your Experience
Our curriculum focuses on preparing the next generation of emergency medicine faculty.
- 1 year fellowship with an optional second year to earn a Masters degree in Graduate Medical Education
- Flexible concentrations in UME, GME, simulation, education innovation, and education research
After completing our core curriculum you will choose an area for your focus.
Perfect Setting to Learn and Teach—and Live
Baystate Medical Center is the only Level 1 trauma center in the region—and has the busiest ED in the Massachusetts.
You will be exposed to the diverse pathology of a multi-cultural, inner-city population, and the advanced procedures associated with the world's top medical centers.
All this, and you can live in an area known for beautiful scenery, outdoor recreation, performing arts, and higher education.