Faculty members have access to many Baystate Health resources and programs, including the following:
Information resources and knowledge services available to researchers, educators, and learners:
- Members of the Health Sciences Library team can perform literature searches and full-service document delivery. To request an article, use this form or follow this tutorial on how to access journal articles in PubMed.
- Create an Open Athens account for additional access to electronic resources and publications, or download the BrowZine mobile app to access publications on a mobile device.
- Obtain accurate evidence-based information at the point of care with links in Cerner, Baystate’s electronic medical record system (available within the physician workflow). Library-managed links include UpToDate and Lexicomp Online.
- Clinical Key (for physicians) contains additional evidence-based information and covers over 30 specialties, containing hundreds of Elsevier journals and over 1,100 electronic books – plus procedure videos/multimedia, guidelines, and images.
- Access thousands of digital/print databases and citation management resources (software and cloud-based programs). View a list of tutorials to get started on these programs.
- Request customized training and on-demand consultations on topics such as citation management and clinical point of care tools.
- Access Scholarly Commons, which lists Baystate-specific publications by faculty member.
For more information or to schedule one of these services, contact the Health Sciences Library at (413) 794-1865 or email@example.com.
UMMS-Baystate Powerpoint Template
Faculty are encouraged to use this template when giving presentations.
Departments and divisions are welcome to schedule a group CV workshop to learn strategies and tips to enhance faculty CVs. Please contact Marc Labrie, Associate Director, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Marc.Labrie@baystatehealth.org or Tara Catanzano, MD, Associate Director of Academic Career Development, Office of Faculty Affairs, at Tara.Catanzano@baystatehealth.org, to schedule.
Getting Involved with Teaching and Research at UMMS-Baystate
For faculty interested in engaging in teaching and/or research, here is a list of opportunities to do so. Additionally, visit Faculty Development.