Call the Patient Experience
Office for more information.
Que es El Consejo Asesor De Pacientes y Familias?
The Baystate Health Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is made up of a diverse group of patients, family members, and community members who represent the ‘collective voice of our patients and families’ at Baystate Medical Center, Baystate Children's Hospital, Baystate Franklin Medical Center, Baystate Noble Hospital and Baystate Wing Hospital.
Make a Difference: Become a PFAC Member
Fill out an application and email it to Jessica Polito.
For more information about our PFAC’s or how to apply, please call 413-794-5656
The Family Advisory Council aims to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe and positive memorable health care experiences for patients and their families at Baystate Health hospitals. The Family Advisory Council discusses ideas and provides insight into changes that will improve service to patients and families. The PFAC:
- Encourages greater understanding of the healthcare experience through the eyes of the patient and family.
- Actively participates in establishing a strong partnership between Baystate Health hospital staff, patients, and families.
- Honestly shares perceptions and expectations concerning healthcare at inpatient and outpatient areas.
- Evaluates practices, programs and services and provides recommendations that respond to the unique needs of the patient and family based on family-centered care principles.
- Channels needs, concerns, and recommendations to the hospital teams and affiliated Accountable Care Organization (ACO) leadership team for review and direction.
- Channels needs, concerns, and recommendations to the hospital leadership team for review and direction.
- Contributes to the education of present and future healthcare providers.
- Provides a vital link between Baystate Health Hospital's and the community.
What types of issues will the council address?
The Council may discuss any aspect of Baystate Health hospital and primary care locations, or support operations – including admission/discharge practices, facility design, patient safety or communications. The goals of the Council are to:
- Strengthen decision-making by drawing upon the diverse experiences and viewpoints of the people who look to BH hospitals and primary care locations for care;
- Offer insight and recommendations for improving quality, service, safety, access, education and patient/family satisfaction and loyalty;
- Serve as a coordinating group to receive and respond to patient and community input, channeling information, needs and concerns to staff and administration.
- Enhance relationships between BH patients and families and the community;
- Reflect the unique culture of each BH hospital and primary care location and reflect the socio-demographics of the facility’s patient service area;
- Ensure that the interests of the Baystate Health affiliated ACO patients, and their families, are met.
PFAC Annual Reports