Baystate Franklin Medical Center (BFMC) is a 90-bed community hospital, rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities. As a member of Baystate Health, BFMC is directly affiliated with Baystate Medical Center in Springfield — the academic teaching hospital that serves as the western campus of Tufts University School of Medicine.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 27,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- 500 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for Baystate Medical Center’s residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics.
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health as Baystate Franklin Medical Center in 1986.
Our awards and accreditations affirm that we have achieved both regional and national recognition for quality, safety, and service excellence.
Free parking is available at the hospital and medical buildings 24 hours a day/7 days a week for all patients and visitors.
Free valet parking is available at the High Street entrance to the hospital, Monday-Friday from 8 am-4:30 pm.
Full service cafeteria on the ground level of the hospital.
The Baystate Franklin Auxiliary operates a gift shop on the first floor of the hospital, just down the hall from the main High Street entrance.
Proceeds raised by the Auxiliary — through the gift shop and special sales in the main lobby — go to fund services and equipment for Baystate Franklin Medical Center.