Weight Loss Program Diagnosis
Am I a Candidate for the Surgical (Bariatric) Program?
You may be a candidate for our program if you:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 65. (Patients under 21 or over 65 years may be candidates and are evaluated on a case by case basis.)
- Are 100 pounds or more above ideal body weight
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or greater with at least 1 medical condition that could be improved with weight loss surgery including: diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), heart disease, sleep apnea or other medical conditions that may also qualify depending on your insurance
- Have a BMI of 40 or greater (see BMI calculator) with or without the above medical conditions
- Are willing to use weight loss surgery (WLS) as a "tool" in addition to good nutrition, certain eating behaviors and physical activity for the rest of your life
- Are free from drug and alcohol dependence
- Are committed to lifelong medical and nutritional follow-up as well as vitamin and mineral supplementation
If you answered YES to the above statements, weight loss surgery may be your best option to lose weight and improve your health.
Calculate your BMI