Providing a full spectrum of services to the full spectrum of our patients
Baystate Health's transgender service provides multidisciplinary primary medical care and supportive services to patients seeking hormonal and/or surgical reassignment of gender. We offer a holistic approach to individual health, working closely with local and regional therapists and specialists as needed.
We strive to provide care that is sensitive to each individual's needs, regardless of where they see themselves on the transgender spectrum. Baystate Health provides supportive and sensitive care regardless of gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, religion, or socio-economic status.
Baystate Health has developed services based on the Informed Consent model of care, meaning that we work with our patients to ensure that the risks and benefits of gender-related services are fully understood at all times. Gender-related therapy is an encouraged--but not required--part of treatment for most patients.
Our Services Include
- Primary care for transgender patients, including referrals and preparation for gender confirming surgeries
- Hormone therapy--initiation and maintenance-- in coordination with other supporting medical professionals
- Routine GYN care
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening
Behavioral Health referrals
- Therapy: individual and couples
- Family and parenting services
- Support groups