For more information, call:
If you are one of the thousands of people waiting for a kidney transplant, a living donor could save your life. Asking someone to donate their kidney to you may seem overwhelming and uncomfortable. The Baystate Health Living Donor Champion Program can help you in your search for a living donor.
How to find a living donor?
- Learn about living donation
- Spread the word – with individual conversations, reaching out to larger groups, using social media and advertising
- Create a microsite (personalized website)
- Find a living donor champion
- Host a living donor champion workshop for family and friends to help you spread the word
What is a living donor champion?
A living donor champion is a family member, friend, or loved one who takes the lead in finding you a living donor, allowing you to focus on your health. A living donor champion can help you spread the word through individual conversations, reaching out to larger groups, advertising, and using social media.
What is a living donor champion workshop?
Facilitated by a member of the living donor team
- Can be in-person, virtual or a combination of both
- Audience of anyone who might be interested in learning more about living donation or becoming a champion. For example: family and friends, co-worker groups, church or community groups
- An opportunity for your story to be shared
We know finding a living donor is challenging and our team members are here to guide and support you and your living donor champion.
For more information on the Living Donor Champion Program or to get help finding a living donor, call the living donation nurse coordinator at 413-794-2321 (option 2).