Cardiac Rehabilitation & Wellness
We are conveniently located off I-91 in the Tolosky Center at 3300 Main Street in Springfield. Please call 413-794-7024 for more information.
We are located at Baystate Franklin Medical Center at 164 High Street in Greenfield. Please call 413-773-0211 for more information.
Phase 2 Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
Cardiovascular rehabilitation promotes healthy living through education, structured and individualized exercise. The program is tailored to support long-term lifestyle change to reduce the risk of future heart and vascular conditions.
You can benefit from Phase 2 cardiovascular rehabilitation if you have:
- heart disease such as angina or heart failure, or have had a heart attack
- had angioplasty or coronary stent procedure
- had coronary bypass or valve surgery
- had a heart or heart-lung transplant
Nearly all insurances cover outpatient cardiac rehabilitation if you have had a heart attack, angioplasty, coronary artery bypass (CABG) surgery, or heart valve surgery. Some insurance plans may cover additional diagnoses, or require a co-pay for each visit. Please check with your insurance provider if you have any questions about your coverage.
Our program offers specialized teaching and exercise plans to support positive changes in diet and behavior. Our staff works with you to design an individualized program specific to your needs and medical condition.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 am, 10:45 am, and 10 pm
- Each class is approximately one hour long.
- Education classes are held throughout the week. Please contact us for updated times at 413-794-7024.
Primary Prevention and Maintenance Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
Baystate offers the most extensive Primary Prevention and Phase 3 hours anywhere in the Pioneer Valley. Primary prevention and maintenance programs are available to individuals who are at higher risk for developing heart disease, have a heart problem that is not eligible for Phase 2, or have some other condition that would benefit from exercising in a medically supervise setting.
Our membership fees are very competitive with most commercial fitness facilities in the area, and offer access to the same highly trained team of health care professionals as our Phase 2 program. Many insurance providers offer some reimbursement for gym memberships including our primary prevention and health maintenance programs. Contact your insurance provider to see if they offer this benefit, and we'll be glad to assist you in any way we can.
- Monday though Friday: 6:30-9 am; 2-7 pm
About Our Program
The Cardiovascular Rehabilitation program at Baystate Medical Center opened in 1978. For over 30 years, our program has helped residents of Western Massachusetts recover from heart and vascular problems and return to their optimal health. Our program is located in a contemporary 4000 sq. ft. facility located at 3300 Main Street in Springfield, and is one of the largest and most comprehensive programs in New England.
Our Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). Programs that receive AACVPR certification undergo a rigorous review process to ensure the program meets the highest standards for cardiovascular rehabilitation care.
Our care team includes a board certified cardiology physician, registered nurses, and exercise physiologists. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our patients.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase 1 (Inpatient)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase 2 (Outpatient)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase 3 (Outpatient)
- Diabetes and Exercise Program
- Diabetes and Exercise Program Information Sheet
- Diabetes and Exercise Program Referral Form
- One-on-One Exercise Evaluation & Individualized Exercise Program
- Group Exercise Classes
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Nutritional Counseling
- Mindful-Based Stress Reduction
- Educational Lecture Series
- Cholesterol Screening