A Service of Baystate Medical Center
Baystate Medical Center's Neuropsychology Services provides neuropsychological and psychological evaluations and consultations for patients beginning at age 6 through the entire lifespan. Assessments range from complete neuropsychological evaluations to the very brief bedside assessments of those with acute illnesses or injuries.
The Memory Disorders Program
The Memory Disorders Program at Baystate Medical Center is the only program of its kind in western Massachusetts that provides a place for elders experiencing memory problems or dementia to come for a complete evaluation.
The Memory Disorders Program team consists of psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, neurologists and clinical nurse specialists who:
- Provide complete diagnostic, treatment and referral services for elders with memory loss.
- Coordinate the evaluation from start to finish.
- Identify caregiver needs.
- Make referrals to community services as needed.
- Follow the family and loved one throughout the disease progression.
- Direct appropriate candidates to clinical trails via the Alzheimer's Association.
Referrals to the Memory Disorders Program may come from a variety of individuals, including the patient, patient's family, or a health care provider. Baystate Medical Center accepts most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Baystate Sports Concussion Clinic
The Baystate Medical Center Sports Concussion Clinic is an interdisciplinary program that treats sports-related concussions. The specialists at the sports concussion clinic evaluate and treat injuries through a combination of neuropsychology, physiatry and rehabilitation care.
To make an appointment for either service, please call 413-794-5555.