Volume Targeted Ventilation in the Delivery Room
The study will justify a larger randomized control trial with enough power to evaluate the efficacy of volume targeted ventilation (VTV) in reducing bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) and other long term pulmonary morbidities for preterm infants.
This research study is led by Dr. Ruben Vaidya, 413-794-3704.
May 01, 2019
Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA
Ages eligible for study: up to 60 minutes (newborn child)
- Gestational age < 32 weeks of gestation
- Infant born at Baystate Medical Center
- Requiring intubation and positive pressure ventilation in the delivery room
- Parental Consent
- Maternal prolonged rupture of membrane > 2 weeks duration
- Known congenital or cardiac abnormalities or discovered in the immediate neonatal period
Interventional (Clinical Trial)