Sertraline Pediatric Registry for the Evaluation of Safety (SPRITES)
To evaluate the long-term impact of treatment with sertraline on aspects of cognitive, emotional and physical development and pubertal maturation in pediatric subjects ages 6 to 16 years (inclusive) with a diagnosis of anxiety disorder, depressive disorder or obsessive compulsive disorder.
This research study is led by Dr. Bruce Waslick, 413-794-7035.
April 01, 2012
Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA
Ages Eligible for Study: 6 Years to 16 Years (Child)
Sexes Eligible for Study: All
Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No
Sampling Method: Non-Probability Sample
- Children age 6 to 16 (inclusive) with anxiety, depression, or obsessive-compulsive disorder, receiving treatment in outpatient setting, and who are prescribed a new prescription for sertraline to treat one of the above study-qualifying disorders or beginning psychotherapy for same.
- Psychotic at study entry
- Diagnosis of bipolar disorder
- Diagnosis of schizoaffective or schizophrenia
- Bulimia or eating disorder not otherwise specified (NOS)
- Pervasive developmental disorder
- High risk of suicide within 2 weeks of initiating study treatment
- Significant mental retardation