Thanks to your support, Baystate Health Foundation was able to help patients and their families in many ways this year. We funded hundreds of requests throughout the health system in 2020. Here is a small sampling of those items.
- Lund University Cardiopulmonary Assist Systems (LUCAS) were purchased for Baystate Medical Center, Baystate Franklin Medical Center, Baystate Noble Hospital, and Baystate Wing Hospital. The LUCAS is a mechanical device that performs high-quality CPR that isn’t subject to rescuer fatigue or other factors that may reduce the effectiveness of CPR.
- More than 400,000 pieces of personal protective equipment were donated to support our healthcare team members at all Baystate Health facilities.
When days and nights were long, donors supplied over 10,000 meals to feed our team members and keep them going.
- A wheelchair swing was purchased to allow patients to enjoy time on the Playdeck at Baystate Children’s Hospital.
- A virtual Service of Remembrance for families who lost loved ones during the COVID-19 crisis was supported through your generosity.
- A breath sound simulator and education supplies were purchased for the Baystate Home Health & Hospice team to aid in training and care techniques.
- Parallel bars for Baystate Wing Hospital’s physical therapy area were supported through your donations.
- A neoprobe was purchased for the radioactive seed localization program at Baystate Franklin Medical
Center. This tool allows for detection of a lump/ cancer in the breast.
- At Baystate Noble Hospital, a new CT Scanner was purchased to ensure that medical professionals are able to get the best images from patient’s scans.
Are you interested in making a difference at Baystate Health through a donation? Make a gift today.