As the region's largest healthcare system, Baystate Health has locations and services that are designed to get you the right care at the right time. With five hospitals throughout western Massachusetts and the only Level 1 trauma center in the region, Baystate Health is here to help.
If the situation requires immediate medical treatment, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room for:
- Severe bleeding
- Chest pains
- No pulse
- Inability to breathe
- Severe eye injuries
- Head, spinal cord or back injuries
- Broken bones
- Sudden change in mental state, sudden severe head ache, other stroke symptoms.
Find the nearest Baystate Health emergency department.
Urgent care centers are for conditions or injury that require professional care, but will not get worse if not immediately treated.
Urgent care centers should be used only when your primary care physician is not available – such as after hours, on weekends, and during holidays.
Illness or injuries appropriate for urgent care include:
- Colds, coughs, flu, fever, sore throat
- Asthma and upper respiratory problems
- Minor cuts or burns
- Rash, skin and eye infections
- Urinary tract infections (pain or burning when urinating)
- Migraine headaches
- Strains and sprains
- Stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
- Animal bites (if not severe)
Find the nearest Baystate Health urgent care location.
To learn more, download our urgent care infographic.
Your primary care doctor knows you, your health history and may be the perfect person to may be the perfect resource tom make sure you get consistent, quality care. If you are not feeling well, try calling your doctor's office to see if they can fit you in for a visit.
Cough, cold, flu
- Ear infections and sore throat
- Minor injuries like sprains, bumps and bruises
- Skin problems
- Urinary tract infections
Your primary care doctor can also help you coordinate care for chronic conditions like:
Find your Baystate Health provider.
- Allergies and asthma
- Heart diesease
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes and obesity
- Substance abuse