Alicia Walter, MS, RDN/LDN, Baystate Health dietitian, is offering a series of free monthly nutrition classes. Though geared toward Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation patients, the classes are open to the public. The monthly classes are held on Wednesdays in Baystate Franklin Medical Center's Conference Room C (except where noted); they are available at 10:15 – 11:15 am and 11:30 am – 12:30 pm on the following dates:
- April 13 – The Power of Protein
- May 4 – Figuring Out the Fats in our Diets
- June 1 – Let’s Explore the Heart Healthy Mediterranean Diet
- July 6 – A Look at the Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension and Low Sodium Eating Plans
- July 27 – Learn To Be Supermarket Savvy
- September 7 – Mindful Eating/Learning Healthy Eating Habits of Mind, Part 1
- October 5 – Mindful Eating/Learning Healthy Eating Habits of Mind, Part 2
- November 2 – Let’s Cook Something Delicious!
- December 7 – Join Us for an Informative Supermarket Tour (Ground Floor Conference Room)
A graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, with a MS in Public Health Nutrition, Walter has worked as a clinical dietitian and nutrition counselor/educator throughout Baystate Health for the past 12 years.
“It is important for people to pay attention to the advice of nutrition experts and how they can best manage their food choices. When they get together in these classes, they can share their experiences and offer support for each other,” said Walter. “I wanted to offer a wide variety of classes, covering all aspects of nutrition from healthy cooking to the benefits of the various food groups to food shopping. There is something in each class offered for everyone.”
No pre-registration is necessary; there is no charge for the classes. For more information, please contact Alicia Walter, 413-773-2197 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.