Do I Go to the Doctor or the ER?
Do you know when to call your doctor or when a visit to the ER is needed?
Here are a few tips to help you in your decision….
Call your doctor’s office for advice on:
• Colds, coughs, flu, sore throat
• Pain or burning when urinating
• Migraine headaches
• Eye infection
• Stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
• Insect bites with no breathing difficulty
• Minor cuts
• Sexually Transmitted Diseases
For any of the following, a visit to the ER is recommended:
• Severe bleeding
• Major cuts
• Chest pain
• A major injury, such as head trauma
• Inability to breathe
• Spinal cord or back injury
• Severe eye injuries
• Broken bones
• Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
• Sudden, severe abdominal pain
• Suicidal or homicidal feelings