WorkLife and EAP Support Program
Baystate Health has expanded and enhanced our EAP and Worklife Services for all employees, their dependents and household members. These expanded services are offered by Magellan Health, a preeminent provider experienced in support for healthcare organizations like ours. These confidential services staffed with master’s level clinicians and online resources are available 24/7 at no cost to you. Learn how to get the most out of your new program by viewing this 35 minute video orientation. Print the overview flyer to take home and share with your family.
Common reasons why employees and their household members use the service:
• Manage stress
• Enrich your relationships
• Build coping skills
• Mitigate harmful thoughts
• Managing every day responsibilities- home improvements, consumer information, event planning, travel, etc.
• Improve sleep
• Build a support system
• Better balance work and life
• Boost emotional health
• Education and Academics
• Parenting and childcare resources
• Manage mood swings
• Process trauma or grief
• Legal and financial guidance and more!
Call Magellan Health at 1-800-888-6332
Visit MagellanAscend.com and create an account:
1. Select Find My Company/LogIn
2. Select the tab Log In
3. Next to “Don’t have an account?” select “Sign up”
4. Complete account registration form
5. Select Get Started
Get the help you need in a convenient, confidential, safe and non-judgmental environment. Call 800-888-6332 whenever you need support. Every call is answered by a master's level licensed clinician who listens to your concerns and connects you with the resources to best meet your needs. Clinicians are available if you are in crisis and have immediate concerns to address. You and your dependents and household members each have up to 6 counseling sessions per issue/concern per year and concierge service for appointment scheduling. The first time you call about counseling, a Magellan staff member will offer to take your information and contact providers directly to find the first available appointment for you.
If you seek to continue your counseling, after the 6 sessions, behavioral health visits are covered through your BH-HNE medical plan. If you are covered by another health insurance carrier, contact them directly to ask about your behavioral health coverage. See below for information on the medical plan.
You can choose to meet with:
Local Counselors in the Community - Choose from a network of licensed professionals trained to help with common challenges such as stress, anxiety, grief, marital/family relationship concerns, parenting, addictions and more. Counseling sessions are solution-focused; they can help you better understand challenges and determine helpful next steps to move forward. Phone/video sessions are available with most community providers, during COVID-19.
Virtual Therapists through BetterHelp - In direct response to the changing needs of how people access support for their emotional health, Magellan Health has partnered up with BetterHelp, the largest online counseling platform worldwide, providing access to licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), and board licensed professional counselors (LPC) for the entire family – individuals, couples and teens (with parental consent and in accordance with applicable law and clinical appropriateness). Virtual therapy is therapy that takes place via a mobile device or computer, allowing you to get help when and where you need it.
Virtual therapy is provided in addition to the in-person and telehealth counseling options you already receive. You and our household members can access therapy quickly – typically within 24 hours – and there are four modalities to choose from:
How does BetterHelp work?
• Call Worklife and EAP Support at 800-888-6332 to speak with a clinician who will refer you to BetterHelp, if appropriate, depending on your unique situation.
• You will receive an email with a unique link that will take you to a questionnaire.
• Complete the matching questionnaire and submit it on the BetterHelp platform.
• Typically, you can begin communicating with a provider within 24 hours of completing the questionnaire.
Read the program FAQs.
For milder concerns, coaching is available by on-staff Magellan clinicians, to help you meet goals using coaches to help you stay when you have a goal to achieve. Coaching is unlimited and not a part of the 6 session/issue/year limit of Counseling.
Digital Self Care - myStrength
The myStrength app and web portal helps employees and their household members address emotional concerns such as anxiety, stress, depression, substance use, pain, sleep and more. In-app coaching and interactive, self-paced programs matched to users’ individual preferences optimize the experience.
• Leading-edge technology, with machine learning to personalize the user experience
• Interactive, self-paced programs matched to individual preferences
• Self-monitoring to track mood, sleep, stress and goals
• In-the-moment tools for coping with daily situations
• 30+ life topics including caregiving, substance use, chronic conditions and LGBTQ, regularly updated to reflect current events (e.g., COVID-19 and racial tensions)
• Over 1,600 activities to help individuals live their best lives
• Access to expert coaches for direction and assistance
• Available via web and smartphone/tablet app at no cost for your employees and their household members
How to get started:
- Login to your Magellan Ascend account (instruction to register above under 'Get Started')
- In the Explore section, click on the “Self- Care Programs” icon. Or, in the Your Apps section, click on the “myStrength” icon.
- Follow the instructions to access the myStrength website. Once you are on the myStrength website, you will take a short quiz to get your customized program. As you participate in programs and activities, the myStrength engine will provide personalized recommendations for continued learning. You can also choose to work with a coach who can help you navigate the programs and suggest next steps.
Work and Life Concierge Services
Through a partnership with LifeCare, Magellan will connect you with worklife specialists that will research support information and service providers in many areas of daily life, saving you time and money. Including childcare, schooling and parenting needs, eldercare, academics, home improvement, travel planning and more. Under the worklife umbrella of benefits you have access to free consultations and resources with financial coaches for things like; budget planning, debt and credit management, college and retirement planning, taxes, loan and mortgage assistance. In addition to all of this, you have ID Theft services and access to attorneys for Legal Services consultations and resources.
Emotional Health Resources Provided by Magellan Health
For additional resources to help you manage through the pandemic, visit our Employee and Family Well-being Resources: COVID-19 webpage.