1. Register for the WebMD Portal and Set Up the New App!
If you are already registered for the WebMD portal, you now have access to the handy new App, Wellness at Your Side.
Download the WebMD App Now!
1. You must first be registered in the WebMD portal before you can access your account via the App.
2. On your mobile device, go to the Apple App store or the Google Play Store to download Wellness at Your Side.
3. Open the app and select "Connection Code", enter BHY.
4. Upon logging with your WebMD username and password, make your future logins easier by selecting Touch ID (no login info needed upon future returns!). To set up touch ID, at the mobile login screen, after you've entered your WebMD portal username and password, underneath SIGN IN, select "Sign in Using Touch ID.
If you are new to the WebMD portal, register now.
Tip: Write down the username and password you create for your WebMD portal and store it in a safe place. You will be required to log in each time you access this secured portal.
For additional questions and answers about the WebMD portal, see the Frequently Asked Questions; Overview and Eligibility.
2. Complete the WebMD Health Questionnaire
After registering for your WebMD portal, complete the WebMD Health Questionnaire. The Health Questionnaire (HQ) takes about 10 minutes to complete and includes a series of questions about your health needs, strengths and challenges. Your responses are completely confidential and combined to build your personalized wellness profile and "score". It includes easy to answer questions about your lifestyle behaviors (such as diet, exercise, smoking, stress) and some physical measures (such as height, weight, cholesterol, and blood pressure).
Based upon how you answered the questions, a WebMD Health Coach may contact you to determine your interest in coaching.
3. Complete your Annual Preventive Exam with your Primary Care Provider
As a part of overall good health, all Baystate medical plans (and most all insurance plans) include a no-cost Annual Preventive Exam to review your overall health and identify risks and ways to stay healthy. The medical plan covers 100% of the cost of your Annual Preventive Exam, including labs, when you go to a doctor/facility that is in the plan’s network. Your annual preventive exam should include a screening for metabolic syndrome risk factors:
-Waist Circumference and Body Mass Index (BMI)
-3 Fasting Blood Labs: HDL, Triglycerides and Blood Glucose
1. Schedule your Annual Preventive Exam with your primary care provider.
2. Download the Physician Screening Results form and bring to your Annual Preventive Exam and share with your doctor the biometric measures that you need taken. To download the form, visit www.screeningreg.com Login: baystate Password: healthy
3. Complete the fasting blood labs and allow the necessary time for your physician to complete the form, sign/date and return to you. You will need to arrange this with your physician’s office. Perhaps the office will require you to physically pick it up, or they could mail it to you, or your office may be able to scan and post it into your patient portal.
4. Once you have your completed Physician Screening Results form, you simply upload the form to www.screeningreg.com Login: baystate Password: healthy
5. Validate the upload was a successful. You will see a statement on the screen: Your form has been submitted.
6. As always, validate that your data successfully exported into your WebMD portal. Allow about 2 weeks for this transmission to occur.
If your preventive exam is scheduled later in the year, no problem! Just be sure to take the WebMD Health Questionnaire early in the year as this is what initiates the WebMD health coaching, if you have a health need or interest. You can self-report your information to the best of your knowledge in the Health Questionnaire now, and once you Upload your signed Physician Screening Results form, you will earn the credit in the MyHealth Rewards program.
HDL, Triglycerides and Blood Glucose values are valid for 3 years, but based on your results, your may need to have have retaken annually. For the 2019 program year, we can accept blood values back dated from January 2016. Waist, weight and height (BMI), and Blood Pressure need to be completed on an annual basis. In 2019, we can accept this data back dated from November 2017.
4. Participate in Additional Wellness Activities
To enroll and participate in the programs associated with MyHealth Rewards, visit your WebMD portaland select the Rewards page. In addition, your wellness profile, from the Health Questionnaire results page, includes recommendations to programs based on how you answered the questions.
OVERVIEW OF WELLNESS ACTIVITIES
WebMD Health Coaching:
WebMD Health Coaches are available by phone and by text to help you with whatever health, lifestyle or condition management issue you want to address. Once you complete the Health Questionnaire, a WebMD Health Coach will contact you within 30 days, or sooner, and if applicable. You can also make contact directly, through the WebMD portal.
- Lifestyle coaching: Addresses a wide-range of well-being factors, like stress, energy, diet, exercise, sleep and more.
- Weight Management coaching: A 1-year program dedicated to managing weight as part of improving overall well-being.
- Condition Management coaching: Dedicated to managing chronic conditions as a part of improving overall well-being. For those with asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery disease (CAD) and heart failure.
All coaches have undergraduate degrees in a health science, and many have graduate degrees. They not only have the technical knowledge to help you improve your health, they are trained in helping you to be consistent, address hurdles and meet the goal(s) that are most important to you.. On average they have 8 years of experience and have specialties like, Registered Dietitian, Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, American College of Sports Medicine, Stress Counselor, and others.
How do I set up time with a health coach?
The first step is to complete the Health Questionnaire. You likely will not have had your annual preventive exam with your physician yet, therefore you will need to self-report your biometric data as close to accurate as possible. Once it is completed, and based upon your responses, a WebMD health coach will contact you within 30 days, or sooner.
You and your coach will establish your coaching schedule. If in the event you missed your appointment or need to reschedule, in the WebMD portal, go to Healthy Living, then select Health Coach. Keep in mind that you need to allow approximately 1 month in between coaching calls, so if you need the 4 sessions to earn the biometric reward, plan accordingly to meet the program end date 12/31/19.
To help break the cycle of never-ending stress, WebMD has partnered with meQuilibrium to provide participants additional skills and tools to manage challenging situations and recover when the going gets tough. The power of resilience is another important aspect of total well-being within the WebMD solution. meQuilibrium is the only clinically validated resilience platform leveraging behavioral psychology and neuroscience to deliver transformative insights that change lives. The first time you access meQ, you will be asked to enter your email and a password. You only need to do this once, after that you will be able to access meQ through the WebMD portal without any credentials. But, you will need that password to access the mobile app.
Baystate Healthy will host a few online challenges through the WebMD portal throughout the year, each about 4 weeks in duration. The first one will be in March. Watch for email invites from WebMD-Baystate Healthy for the Invitational Challenge!
Within the WebMD portal, your digital health assistant can help you get motivated and stay on course to meet your goals. Each goal focus is about 4 weeks in length.
Q: What is MyHealth Rewards?
A: MyHealth Rewards is a voluntary incentive program designed to motivate and reward employees for taking an active role in managing their personal health and well-being. Please read the wellness program notice of consent prior to participating in MyHealth Rewards.
Q: When is the 2019 MyHealth Rewards program year?
A: The program year is January 1 to December 31, 2019.
Q: How much can I earn in MyHealth Rewards?
A: Every participant has an equal opportunity to earn the full $250. In addition, each month there are chance(s) to win the $1,000 Monthly Raffle!
• Earn $50 Complete the required actions (annual preventive exam and health questionnaire) to earn $50 and 3 chances to win the $1,000!
• Earn $100 Meet the biometric screening target values (less than 3 risk factors) to earn $100!
If you are at risk (3 or more risk factors), complete 4 sessions with a WebMD Health Coach to earn $100.
• Level 3 -$100 Complete 2 meQuilibrium Skill Bundles and/or Complete 2 WebMD health coaching sessions to earn $50 each (up to $100 max) and 4 chances to win the $1,000!
• Monthly Raffle for $1,000 Visa debit card - The more programs you participate in the more raffle entries you earn and the more chances you have to win the $1,000 monthly drawing which take place each month January through December!
Every 100 points you earn = 1 Raffle Entry. Login to your WebMD Health portal to access these programs:
• WebMD Health Coaching- Each time you complete a coaching session, you earn 100 points! (1 raffle entry).
• meQuilibrium- Each time you complete a Skill Bundle, you earn 100 points! (1 raffle entry).
• WebMD MyHealth Assistant Tracker- Achieve any My Health Assistant goal by completing the set number of tracker entries for the length of time determined for that particular goal (typically 4 weeks) and earn 100 points (1 raffle entry each) for each goal achieved. Goals include; Exercise, Nutrition, Positive mood, Quit Tobacco, Stress, Weight Loss, and Managing asthma, COPD, Diabetes, Heart Disease and Heart Failure
• WebMD Online Challenge- Complete the participation requirement for any online WebMD challenge to earn 100 points (1 raffle entry). Watch for your special invitation to upcoming challenges from WebMD-Baystate Healthy.
Raffles winners announced each month. Winners announced via emails from WebMD-Baystate Healthy!
Q: How do I access the MyHealth Rewards program?
A: The first step is to register on the WebMD Health portal. To set up your account, register at www.webmdhealth.com/bhy. Once on the site, complete the Health Questionnaire. Then, access the Rewards page.
Q: What if I already registered for WebMD, but I can't remember my username or password? The WebMD Customer Service number at 800-488-3140 and they will retrieve your username and reset your password.
Q: Can I access the WebMD Portal from home? Yes. You can access the portal from any public or private computer, mobile phone or tablet. Simply type the URL (www.webmdhealth.com/bhy) into your internet browser and log in with your username and password. Or better yet, see the Tip above and download the App!
Q: Will I lose my WebMD portal access, if I am no longer employed at Baystate? If you are no longer employed or no longer in a “benefits-eligible” employee status, you will lose access to the WebMD portal. However, you can merge your WebMD health record with a WebMD.com consumer account. You must do this while your WebMD portal is still active. Call Baystate Healthy at 413-794-4939 for further instruction.
Q: Who is eligible to earn MyHealth Rewards?
A: All benefits-eligible employees are eligible to participate in MyHealth Rewards. A benefits-eligible employee is anyone who is eligible to enroll in the BH-HNE medical plan, but does not need to be enrolled in it. Part time team members are benefits-eligible if they are regularly scheduled to work 16 or more hours per week, or 15 or more hours per week if an employee of Baystate Home Health.
Q: My spouse or dependent works at Baystate Health. Are we both eligible for the financial incentive?
A: Yes, if the spouse or dependent is eligible to enroll in Baystate benefits. To be eligible to enroll in Baystate benefits, the spouse or dependent must work 16 or more scheduled hours/week (or 15 hours+/week if a BHH employee).
Q. Who is Interactive Health, Inc.?
A. Interactive Health, Inc. is a company that Baystate works with to transmit your health screening data that you provide from your Physician Screening Results form, to WebMD.
Q: Why was the financial incentive decreased in 2019?
A: In order to better help team members meet their health goals, we needed to reallocate a portion of the MyHealth Rewards budget and reinvest that money into new behavior change programs, like heath coaching and meQuilibrium. While the maximum is now $250, all participants now have an equal opportunity to earn the full $250. Those who are unable to meet the health screening biometrics can complete 4 health coaching sessions to earn the same amount of reward.
Q: Who do I call with questions about MyHealth Rewards?
A: Call Baystate Healthy at 413-794-4939 or send an email to BaystateHealthy@baystatehealth.org.
Q: Which activities must I complete, in order to meet the minimum requirements to earn rewards?
A: If you choose to participate in MyHealth Rewards, you are required to complete the minimum requirements: the annual WebMD Health Questionnaire (in your WebMD portal) and an annual Health Screening. The Health Screening is done at your annual preventive exam with your primary care provider. During your preventive exam, you will need to speak with your doctor about completing the screening tests and having the fasting blood tests ordered. Be sure to download the Physician Screening Results form to take with you to your doctor appointment.
Q: What is the Health Questionnaire?
A: The Health Questionnaire is a series of questions about your health needs, strengths and challenges. Your responses are combined to build your personalized wellness profile. It includes simple questions about lifestyle behaviors (such as diet, exercise, smoking, stress) and physical measurements (such as height, weight, cholesterol and blood pressure.) Taking the Health Questionnaire each year allows you to see your progress over time. It is also the “gateway” to the MyHealth Rewards program and therefore needs to be completed annually.
Once you complete you annual preventive exam with your doctor and then upload your Physician Screening Results form to the Interactive Health portal, your physical measurements are sent securely from Interactive Health, Inc. to WebMD and loaded into your Health Questionnaire for you.
Q: Should I take the Health Questionnaire (HQ) if I have not yet had my annual preventive exam with my physician?
A: Yes. Each year, the Health Questionnaire re-opens on January 1st. Complete the questionnaire with as much information as you have about your health, your most recent biometric data, etc. The sooner you take the Health Questionnaire, the sooner you can start earning MyHealth Rewards, earning entries into the $1,000 monthly raffle and engage with a WebMD Health Coach. All those who complete the Health Questionnaire before March 31, earn 5 additional entries into the $1,000 monthly raffle!
Q: Can I retake the Health Questionnaire if there is a change in my health or lifestyle habits? Yes. You can retake the health questionnaire as often as you need to. If you participate in our voluntary incentive program; MyHealth Rewards, completion of the Health Questionnaire is an annual requirement. Taking the Health Questionnaire at least once a year allows you to see progress over time and provides you with updates to your personalized wellness profile.
Q: What kind of health coaching is available?
A: WebMD Health Coaches are available by phone and by text to help you with whatever health, lifestyle or condition management issue you want to address.
• Lifestyle coaching: Addresses a wide-range of well-being factors, like stress, energy, diet, exercise, sleep and more.
• Weight Management coaching: A 1-year program dedicated to managing weight as part of improving overall well-being.
• Condition Management coaching: Dedicated to managing chronic conditions as a part of improving overall well-being. For those with asthma, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery disease (CAD) and heart failure.
Q: What credentials and training do WebMD Health Coaches have?
A: All coaches have undergraduate degrees in a health science, and many have graduate degrees. They not only have the technical knowledge to help you improve your health, they are trained in helping you to be consistent, address hurdles and meet the goal(s) that are most important to you.. On average they have 8 years of experience and have specialties like, Registered Dietitian, Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, American College of Sports Medicine, Stress Counselor, and others.
Q: How do I set up time with a health coach?
A: The first step is to complete the Health Questionnaire. You likely will not have had your annual preventive exam with your physician yet, therefore you will need to self-report your biometric data as close to accurate as possible. Once it is completed, and based upon your responses, a WebMD health coach will contact you within 30 days, or sooner.
You and your coach will establish your coaching schedule. If in the event you missed your appointment or need to reschedule, in the WebMD portal, go to Healthy Living, then select Health Coach.
Keep in mind that you need to allow approximately 1 month in between coaching calls, so if you need the 4 sessions to earn the biometric reward, plan accordingly to meet the program end date 12/31/19.
Q: What if I completed 4 sessions with a WebMD Health Coach, am I still eligible for the Health Coaching 2 Session Reward?
A: Yes. Once you earn the $100 reward either by measuring low risk (less than 3 risk factors) for metabolic syndrome or, if at risk (3 or more risk factors), but you complete the required 4 health coaching sessions, you can then go on to complete additional health coaching sessions for additional credit (up to $100 max).
Q: What is meQuilibrium?
A: To help break the cycle of never-ending stress, WebMD has partnered with meQuilibrium to provide participants additional skills and tools to manage challenging situations and recover when the going gets tough. The power of resilience is another important aspect of total well-being within the WebMD solution.
meQuilibrium is the only clinically validated resilience platform leveraging behavioral psychology and neuroscience to deliver transformative insights that change lives.
Q:How do I access meQuilibrium?
A: You access meQuilibrium through your WebMD Health portal. www.webmdhealth.com/bhy
Q: What if I am unable to meet a standard for a reward?
A: You may not have achieved every biometric target value, but as long as you have less than 3 risk factors, you are not at risk for metabolic syndrome, and therefore earn the full $100. If you have 3 or more risk factors, the alternative standard to meet the requirements for the full $100 reward is to:
• Complete 4 sessions with a WebMD Health Coach. Keep in mind that you need to allow approximately 1 month in between coaching calls, so plan accordingly to meet the program end date 12/31/19.
If you choose not to complete 4 health coaching sessions, you can still earn the $100 reward by improving one or more biometric values in order to re-measure as low risk (less than 3 risk factors) for metabolic syndrome. To do this, you would submit a second Physician Screening Results form to Interactive Health. This updated screening measure(s) must be taken by your health care provider and you would be responsible for any charges not covered by your medical plan.
However, if your primary care provider feels that these alternative standards above are not appropriate based on your health condition, you can have one or more biometric values waived. A waiver counts the same way as an in-range value, so if you have 3 or more in-range and/or waived values, you will earn the full $100. The most common example of waived values occurs during pregnancy, because otherwise “healthy” biometrics may fall outside of range as direct results of the pregnancy. However, other medical reasons could warrant a waiver at the discretion and expertise of your provider.
Q: Can I self-report health screening data in order to qualify for MyHealth Rewards?
A: No. To qualify for MyHealth Rewards, health screening data must be professionally-sourced and transmitted to your WebMD account by Interactive Health’s secure transmission.
Q: How do I access and participate in Wellness Activities?
A: You can find all the program information within the WebMD portal, on the Rewards page.
Q: Why are health screenings no longer offered onsite?
A: Health screenings are no longer offered onsite to both alleviate over-screening and to provide the opportunity for fasting blood values, which are more accurate and informative.
Q: How do I complete a health screening?
A: As part of your medical plan coverage, you are eligible for an annual, free, preventive care exam. It is at this appointment that you will need to bring your Physician Screening Results form. You will share this with your physician and request that you also receive a lab requisition for the fasting blood labs indicated on the form.
Q: How often do I need to have fasting blood labs drawn?
A: If your fasting blood levels for HDL, Triglycerides or Glucose are within normal limits, the values are valid for 3 years. A blood value that is not within normal limits, may need to be retested on an annual basis as part of your annual preventive care exam with your physician.
Q: How often do I need blood pressure, waist/weight/height measured?
A: Each year you will need to provide updated measurements from your annual preventive care exam with your physician for blood pressure, waist, weight and height.
Q: What is metabolic syndrome?
A: Metabolic syndrome is a group of risk factors that raises risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and other health problems. Metabolic syndrome is a serious health condition. Controlling or eliminating your factors through lifestyle behavior modifications is essential for good health.
It is diagnosed when any three of the following five risk factors are present:
• High blood glucose (sugar)
• Low levels of HDL (“good”) cholesterol in the blood
• High levels of triglycerides in the blood
• Large waist circumference
• High blood pressure
Q. How do I download the Physician Screening Results form?
A: The 2019 Physician Screening Results form will be available soon. Once available, you will need to submit the completed form to Interactive Health. If your annual preventive exam takes place prior to our Physician Screening Results for being ready, follow the interim process below:
1. At your annual preventive exam with your primary care provider, have your doctor complete/order the following screening tests for you: Waist Circumference and/or Body Mass Index, Blood Pressure, and 3 Fasting Blood Labs: HDL, Triglycerides and Blood Glucose
2. Once the Physician Screening Results form is available, we will post it here. You will need to print the form and bring it to your doctor's office to complete.
3. Collect the form from your doctor's office and upload to the website, indicated on the form.
Q: What happens to my health screening data after I upload it to the Interactive Health portal?
A: Interactive Health, Inc. stores your health screening data and protects your confidentiality as described on the privacy agreement that you sign at the time of your health screening. Interactive Health will securely send your health screening data directly to your WebMD account and populate your rewards account, the Health Questionnaire and your WebMD health portal. Baystate does not see your individual information. Only an aggregate summary report is provided to help Baystate understand overall health needs of the employee population.
Q: How do I know if my Physician Screening Results data transferred to WebMD?
A: Once you upload your completed Physician Screening Results to Interactive Health, your data will be transmitted to WebMD within about 2 weeks. You will receive an email confirmation from WebMD. If you suspect that your health screening data was not successfully transmitted to your WebMD account, call Interactive Health, Inc. at 1-800-711-8656 to check on the status. Keep in mind that along with all five health screenings tests, the WebMD Health Questionnaire must also be completed in order to earn any amount of reward.
Q: What happens if my annual preventive screening with my provider is not until later in the year?
A: Keep in mind that your reward earning will not “trigger” until both your completed Physician Screening Results form and WebMD Health Questionnaire have been successfully submitted. We recommend that you take the health questionnaire early in the year and self-report your biometric values as close to what you know them to be (if completing prior to submitting your Physician Screening Results). This information will help the health coaches accurately identify which type of health coaching may be most appropriate to offer to you. Within 30 days of completing your Health Questionnaire, a WebMD Health Coach will contact you to begin the coaching process, if you are interested.
Q: How do I verify my earned rewards?
A: There are several points along the way, where you can verify that the process has been successful:
• WebMD Received Your Physician Health Screening Results Data. Once WebMD has received your health screening data, if you elected to receive email* from WebMD®, you will receive email confirmation that your data has uploaded to your WebMD portal.
• Verification that you have met the 2 minimum requirements. Once you have met the minimum requirements to earn rewards (completion of the WebMD Health Questionnaire and your health screening data processed by Interactive Health), you will receive an email confirmation from “WebMD-Baystate Healthy”. *WebMD uses the email address you providing during the registration process, when setting up your account. This may be a work or personal email address. You can view and/or update your preferred email in your WebMD Portal under Settings.
• Verification of all completed activities and earnings. It is your responsibility to verify that all of your completed activities have been successfully loaded into your rewards portal, prior to December 31.
Log in to www.webmdhealth.com/bhy and go to the Rewards page (located on the homepage in the top menu bar). Click on Rewards History to view a time stamped confirmation of each earned reward. We recommend that you check your account throughout the year, as you earn rewards. Only rewards captured in your Rewards account by December 31, 2019 will be paid to you. If you have a question about your account, complete and submit this form before the end of the program year, so that we can help you address any questions or concerns about your earnings.
Q. When will I receive my reward?
A. The reward will be distributed to eligible earners in their second paycheck in January 2019. You must have completed and have processed the required actions within the program year and be an active employee at the time the reward is distributed. If you expect to receive this reward, but do not see it in your paycheck when scheduled, you must notify Baystate Healthy before January 31st. We are unable to process requests for corrections after this date.
Per IRS guidelines, when an employer provides money, it must be provided as taxable income. Therefore, Baystate automatically deducts the taxes from your earnings prior to distributing in your paycheck.
Q. What should I do if I do not get the reward amount I was expecting to receive?
A. If you verify your earnings in your rewards account by the December 31 program deadline, but the amount in your paycheck in January is different than what is reflected in your account, you should report the issue directly to Baystate Healthy before January 31, so that we can address any discrepancies. If your earnings in your rewards account match what you receive in your paycheck and you did not report an issue prior to December 31, no further action can be taken. Also keep in mind that, per IRS guidelines, this wellness credit is considered taxable income and therefore all applicable taxes will be deducted from the total amount.
Q. If my job status changes to per diem, will I receive the payout, if I earned the rewards while I was benefits-eligible?
A. Yes, if you are an active employee at the time of payout and earned rewards while you were in a benefits-eligible status, you will receive the amount that you earned in your paycheck, as expected.
Q: If I earned MyHealth Rewards, but terminate employment prior to the payout date, will a separate check with my earnings be mailed to me?
A: If you are terminated due to a reduction in force (layoff), but already earned the reward during the program year, you will receive your payout. If you leave voluntarily or are terminated for any other reason, you are not eligible for payout.
Q: I have completed some of the MyHealth Rewards activities, but do not see the earnings in my WebMD Health portal.
A: You will not have earned any amount of reward until you have completed both the online WebMD Health Questionnaire and your annual preventive care appointment with your doctor. Remember to bring your appointment, the Physician Screening Results form.
Q: What are the Raffle rules?
1. The raffles are open to all benefits-eligible employees and you do not need to participate in the MyHealth Rewards program to qualify.
2. Your participation in the raffle-eligible programs and the associated raffle entries you earn, are automatically captured within the WebMD portal.
3. Once you have earned raffle entries, they are valid each month, not just the month that you completed the raffle-eligible program.
4. A winner is randomly drawn the last weekday of each month and the winner will be notified via an email from Baystate Healthy within the week.
5. Participants are eligible to win a maximum of 1 time per program year.
6. Per IRS guidelines, when an employer provides money to an employee, it must be provided as taxable income. However, for the $1,000 prize winners, Baystate will pay the taxes on the winner’s behalf.
2018 MyHealth Rewards - (ended October 31, 2018)
The 2018 MyHealth Rewards program ended on October 31, 2018. The payout will occur in the January 17, 2019 paycheck and any discrepancy must be reported by January 31st. After that date, no further action can be taken on the 2018 MyHealth Rewards program year.
Reference Materials: The MyHealth Rewards Guide and the wellness program notice of consent.
Verify your Earnings
Upon receipt of the both required activities in your WebMD portal, you were automatically sent an email from WebMD-Baystate Healthy, confirming that you had met the minimum requirements to earn rewards. If you did not receive that email it was because you had not complete one or both of the required activities. It is each participant's responsibility to verify their reward earnings throughout the program year and to address any issues with Baystate Healthy prior to the program deadline of October 31, 2018. To verify your earnings:
- Log in to your WebMD Portal
- Click on Rewards from the menu bar at the top of the page
- Select Rewards History from the Rewards page menu
- Review the rewards listed under Rewards Earned for a time stamped confirmation of each earned reward and the associated dollar value. You will also see a list of Activities Completed, but keep in mind you do not earn credit for completed activities until both of the minimum program requirements have been met. To determine your total reward amount, add up each dollar value in the Rewards Earned section.