Summer 2021 Farm Share
Mountain View Farm in Easthampton, MA has been providing Baystate Health employees fresh, nutritious and certified organic produce since 2006. Each farm share purchase provides access to fresh and certified organic produce. The Summer Farm Share Program consists of approximately 22 weeks (June - October) of seasonally available, certified organic produce grown directly on the farm. There are two share sizes to choose from: the Singles/Couple Share feeds 1-2 people or the Full Share feeds 3-4 people or 2 vegetarians.
Enrollment in the Summer 2021 Mountain View Farm Share program is now open through May 31, 2021. Finding fresh, organic vegetables in local supermarkets can be a challenge. By purchasing a farm share, you will enjoy 22-weeks of certified organic produce, offered at a discounted price for Baystate Health employees! BH employees get a 7-10% off discount from community pricing, depending on which share size you purchase. Purchasing a Community Support Agriculture (CSA) farm share offers a unique and sustainable way for farmers to provide its shareholders with fresh, affordable food.
Pick-Up Location Information:
NEW PICK UP PROCESS IN 2021: Due to a number of new circumstances, the farm shares will only be distributed at the farm in Easthampton, MA and no longer available for pick up at Baystate/Main St. Springfield. To ease the pick-up process, the farm has expanded hours and your share can be picked-up Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10:00AM – 6:00PM. Mountain View Farm is located at 393 East St. Easthampton, MA.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in a farm share?
Typically a full share consists of enough vegetables to feed a family of 3-4 people or 2 vegetarians and a singles/couples share consists of enough vegetables to feed 1-2 people. Because of the nature of farming, there are inherent risks of agriculture, like poor weather, drought, early frost, crop failure, etc. and therefore there is no guarantee on the exact amount or type of produce you will receive in your farm share. Early spring distributions will be smaller and the size of the share increases as the season progresses.
What happens when I arrive at the farm?
Our priority is to keep you and the farm staff safe. It is vital that we all do our part to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19. The following safety measures are being implemented:
• Masks must be worn by all shareholders for the duration of their farm share pick up. All of the farm staff will be wearing appropriate face coverings, as well.
• Hand sanitizer and gloves will be available whenever possible. However, we encourage you to have your own hand sanitizer/gloves for your own personal use.
• Verbal check-in will take place, in order to eliminate the need for paper/pen sign-in.
• You may bring your own bag to put your produce in (plastic grocery store bag or similar size).
• We ask that those who feel ill do not pick-up their farm share while not feeling well. You can send someone else to pick up your share if needed.
• We ask that you limit the handling of produce and only touch the produce you are taking home.
• We ask that you cooperate with the 6 ft. markers that will be placed on the pavement to ensure social distancing measures, while waiting in line.
• We ask that you move through the line as quickly as possible to minimize wait times and maximize social distancing practices.
What if I can’t pick up my farm share?
You can designate someone to pick up your farm share for you or you can pick your farm share up directly at the farm. Due to larger shareholder volume at the farm and therefore stricter measures put in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19, you are required to call and schedule a time with the farm. You can reach the farm at 413-329-0211 or email them at email@example.com.
Can I split my share with a co-worker or friend?
We cannot support split shares. If you want to split your share with someone else, you will have to do so after you pick up your share. You cannot both come and take half of your share size. If you are also splitting the payment, you will need one person to submit the full payment to Baystate and manage the split money between yourselves.