Mountain View Farm Share
Winter Farm Share
Details on the 2020 Winter Farm Share coming soon.
Summer Farm Share
Details on the 2021 summer farm share coming soon.
Mountain View Farm in Easthampton, MA has been providing Baystate Health employees fresh, nutritious and certified organic produce since 2006. Each farm share purchase provides access to fresh and certified organic produce. The Summer Farm Share Program consists of approximately 22 weeks (June - October) of seasonally available, certified organic produce grown directly on the farm. There are two share sizes to choose from and two convenient picks up locations (Baystate or the Farm).
Pick-Up Location Information:
Baystate Health's Shuttle Parking "Center Lot" located at 3664 Main St. Springfield 01107, Thursdays between 12:30-5:30 p.m.
If you plan on picking up at Mountain View Farm or take advantage of the U-Pick hours, you will need to contact the farm in advance so that you can schedule a time window for your visit. Due to the larger volume of shareholders visiting the farm, stricter procedures are in place at that location.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in a farm share?
Typically a full share consists of enough vegetables to feed a family of 3-4 people or 2 vegetarians and a singles/couples share consists of enough vegetables to feed 1-2 people. Because of the nature of farming, there are inherent risks of agriculture, like poor weather, drought, early frost, crop failure, etc. and therefore there is no guarantee on the exact amount or type of produce you will receive in your farm share. Early spring distributions will be smaller and the size of the share increases as the season progresses.
What happens when I arrive at C Lot 3664 Main Street?
Our priority is to keep you and the farm staff safe. It is vital that we all do our part to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19. The following safety measures are being implemented at the Baystate C-Lot pick-up location:
• Masks must be worn by all shareholders for the duration of their farm share pick up. All of the farm staff will be wearing appropriate face coverings, as well.
• Hand sanitizer and gloves will be available whenever possible. However, we encourage you to have your own hand sanitizer/gloves for your own personal use.
• Verbal check-in will take place, in order to eliminate the need for paper/pen sign-in.
• You may bring your own bag to put your produce in (plastic grocery store bag or similar size).
• We ask that those who feel ill do not pick-up their farm share while not feeling well. You can send someone else to pick up your share if needed.
• We ask that you limit the handling of produce and only touch the produce you are taking home.
• We ask that you cooperate with the 6 ft. markers that will be placed on the pavement to ensure social distancing measures, while waiting in line.
• We ask that you move through the line as quickly as possible to minimize wait times and maximize social distancing practices.
What if I can’t pick up my farm share on Thursdays at Baystate's C Lot?
You can designate someone to pick up your farm share for you or you can pick your farm share up directly at the farm. Due to larger shareholder volume at the farm and therefore stricter measures put in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19, you are required to call and schedule a time with the farm. You can reach the farm at 413-329-0211 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I split my share with a co-worker or friend?
We cannot support split shares. If you want to split your share with someone else, you will have to do so after you pick up your share. You cannot both come and take half of your share size. If you are also splitting the payment, you will need one person to submit the full payment to Baystate and manage the split money between yourselves.