Nutritional Counseling - HNE Plan Members
Baystate's Health New England plan members have access to up to 8 nutritional counseling sessions per year through their plan. Cost sharing for nutritional counseling in 2022 is as follows:
| Baystate Medical Plan:
|| Baystate/Baycare Network
|| HNE Network
|| PHCS Network
| Advantage Plus Medical Plan
|| $25 copay per visit
|| $35 copay per visit
||$50 copay per visit
||Deductible, then 60% coinsurance
|HSA Medical Plan
||Deductible, then 10% coinsurance
|| Deductible, then 20% coinsurance
|| Deductible, then 30% coinsurance
|| Deductible, then 60% coinsurance
2022 Summer Farm Share - Advance Purchase Offer through November 30, 2021
Sign up for the 2022 Summer program at 2021 prices until November 30! Please note: both documents must be returned via email to BaystateHealthy@baystatehealth.org (do not inter-office mail). If paying by check, submit check payment and shareholder agreement directly to the farm. Full instructions included on the attached form. Shares will continue to be distributed directly at the farm, there is no longer a Baystate pickup location.
Winter Farm Share
Mountain View Farm Winter Shares are available to purchase on their website. Sign up and enjoy fresh, local, organic produce from the farm right into the winter months! This year our winter share distribution will be on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm on November 20, December 4, December 18, January 8, and January 22. Share are limited and available for purchase on a first come, first served basis. Payroll deduction is not available for Winter Farm Share.
Eat for Life
Eat for Life is 10-week mindful eating course using mindfulness as the foundation for learning to create a healthy relationship with food, mind, and body. This non-diet approach to eating advocates self and body acceptance as the first step in making changes. Cost varies by income. The program qualifies for the BH-HNE $150 reimbursement.
Check back for upcoming class dates
One of the best things you can do for your health is to eat real, whole, unprocessed foods. Below are materials and tools to help you do it on your own!
Whole Food Spectrum
Grocery Store Checklist: Use this handy grocery checklist for your trips to the store. Personalize it and make it yours!
Healthy and Affordable Dressing Recipes: Dozens of Dressings
Healthy snack ideas: 100-150 calorie snack ideas and 150-200 calorie snack ideas
Learn Ancient Ways of Preparing Grains- With the Grain
Leafy Greens Recipes - Learn more facts about leafy greens here.
Enroll in WW
WW (formerly Weight Watchers) is committed to helping you reach your wellness goals—lose weight, eat healthier, move more, develop a positive mindset or all of the above. All benefits-eligible employees can join WW in 2021 at no cost. In order to take advantage of this free offer, you must enroll through the BH-Weight Watchers online portal and meet the active participation requirements. Still deciding? Read these 5 facts about WW.
Visit WW.com/us/Baystate and continue through the registration process by following the steps on each page until finished. If you are a current or past Weight Watchers member and would like to link to your current/old account, please call 1-866-204-2885.
Select the WW Plan that Suits You
With Digital, you can follow the plan step-by-step entirely online with interactive tools and resources like a weight tracker, progress charts, restaurant guides and much more. It is available in two versions specifically designed for men and women with tailored content that speaks directly to each audience.
Digital + Workshops
With Digital + Workshops you get the convenience of WW meetings at the worksite and unlimited meetings in your local community. Each month, you will receive a monthly pass in the mail, that will get you into any WW meeting in the country. Plus, get FREE eTools, the online companion that helps you stay on track between meetings. We have several At Work meetings currently taking place at various location across Baystate. See below for locations.
3. WW for Diabetes
Weight Watchers for Diabetes meets the unique needs of those living with Type 2 Diabetes. This membership includes individualized support and guidance from a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), unlimited meetings and weekly emails.
Live Virtual Workshops
How to join a "Connect group" and attend workshops via your WW app: (see video tutorial here)
- Download the free Zoom app here and watch this quick how-to video.
- Check the Connect group to see the Virtual Workshop schedules and your Zoom link.
- You can post and interact with fellow members in your Virtual Studio at any time—you don’t have to wait for the live Virtual Workshop to start.
On the day of your Virtual Workshop:
- Treat it like your normal Workshop day. Weigh-in will occur in the WW app only. Tap your profile at the top right corner, then tap "Track weight." You will earn 50 WellnessWins™ Wins for tracking your weight in the app each week, they’ll be added to your account right away!
- Plan to arrive 10 minutes early to ensure you don’t have any technical issues. If you do, here’s how to troubleshoot.
- Read your Weekly Topic and get ready to discuss!
- Don’t want to be on camera? Turn off the video when you enter the Zoom call at the lower left of your screen. Or, instead of using Zoom, you can use your phone to call the toll-free nine-digit number provided.
• Virtual Workshops are meant for WW members only. Because we do not have the ability to restrict access if someone has the Zoom link, do not forward it or share outside your Connect group.
• Please respect your fellow members’ privacy. Do not record, take screenshots, or post anything that occurs in the Virtual Workshop. If you do, we may terminate your membership.
• Virtual Workshops will not be recorded or available to view at a later date.
Many WW studios are re-opening throughout the U.S. If you are a Digital + Workshop member and want to start attending in-person workshops, you can search for an open workshop on WW Studio Finder.
WW At Work Meetings are no longer being held.
Is there another program to help me manage my weight? WebMD offers a 12-month Weight Management program. The WebMD Weight Management twelve-month program is dedicated to managing weight as a part of improving overall well-being (stress resilience, energy level, diet, exercise, sleep and more) with an emphasis on consistency and accountability. The program uncovers and unlocks emotional triggers to facilitate positive change and establishes positive patterns that become part of everyday life. To learn more, visit the Health Coaching page.