Talk it Through
At the root of anxiety, stress and depression, are often unhealthy thoughts, beliefs, actions and behaviors. Unless these underlying factors are addressed they will continue to persist. Working with an experienced and accredited therapist can help you:
- better understand your symptoms and why your condition developed
- formulate a personalized recovery plan
- develop the tools and strategies to bring about positive change
- remain on track with your recovery goals
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is offered though Life Guidance Resources & EAP
All Baystate Health team members have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This service provides personalized counseling to address stress, anxiety, depression, job pressure, grief and loss, marital conflicts, substance abuse and even challenges with children. Participation in the EAP is completely confidential and is open to all Baystate Health team members and their household members. Learn more about how this service can help you and your family members. View this 8 minute overview video.
Call Life GuidanceResources® & EAP, 24/7/365, at 1-855-327-4479 to schedule a confidential counseling appointment. The first three sessions (per presenting problem) are at no cost to you. If you seek to continue your counseling, after the 3 sessions, behavioral health visits are covered through your BH-HNE medical plan. If you are covered by another health insurance carrier, contact them directly to ask about your behavioral health coverage.
As a registered Life GuidanceResources® & EAP user, you can search for articles and topical information to support your desired interest. First time users: to register, enter "Baystate" when asked for the Organization Web ID.
Behavioral Health Visits through Teladoc
All Baystate Health team members who are enrolled in either one of the BH-HNE medical plan have access to licensed therapists and physicians in the community.
In addition, BH-HNE members have access to Teladoc. Teladoc is a telemedicine service that provides around-the-clock access to a large variety of licensed healthcare professionals, including licensed therapists, psychologists or psychiatrists by phone, web, or mobile app.
Get Started with Teladoc
1. Activate Your Account: Be ready when you need care by activating your Teladoc account now. Once on the home page, select Member (purple box) and SET UP ACCOUNT. Enter your medical history information.
2. Request an Appointment: By phone at 1-800-Teladoc (835-2362), or log in online or request your appointment via the mobile app. Most appointments occur within about 10 minutes of your request. But, you can select a time that’s best for you by choosing “schedule” instead of “as soon as possible.”
Distress, Prevention and Crisis Resources
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis support, anywhere in the U.S.
National Suicide Prevention Lifelife: 1-800-273-8255