Bright Horizons Back-Up Care Advantage
This program provides access to back-up care for both your children and adult/elder family members during a lapse or breakdown in normal care arrangements. The Back-Up Care Advantage program can be used anytime you need to be at work, but your family member needs assistance or support.
Examples of when you can use back-up child care include:
- Your child’s school or center is closed for breaks, teacher in-service days or inclement weather.
- You are in between child care arrangements.
- You have a new baby and need care while you transition back to a normal work schedule.
- Your child is mildly ill and cannot attend their regular care program.
- You have a change in your work schedule and need in-home child care for evening and weekend hours.
- Your stay-at-home spouse is called in for jury duty or has an appointment.
Some reasons you may choose to use in-home care for adult/elder family members include:
- Companion care can be used when you have an adult family member that lives out of town and you simply want a caregiver to provide companionship to them.
- Respite care is perfect if your adult family member’s normal caregiver is not available, or if your adult relative’s primary caregiver needs a day outside the house.
- In-home care is a great option if your adult family member has had minor surgery and needs someone to be with them for the first few days after they arrive home during recovery.
Who is eligible? All actively employed benefits-eligible employees (excluding union represented team members)
Back-Up Care visits: 10 days per employee per year
• Center-Based Care: $15/child/day ($25/ family/day)
• In-Home Care: $6 per hour
Additional Family Support through Bright Horizons Care Direct
This benefit also provides you with resources to help you secure your own regular, on-going care needs, including:
To learn more about Back-Up Care Advantage or Care Direct:
- Preferred enrollment access at select Bright Horizons child care centers
- Discounts off tuitions for full-time care at select participating network child care centers
- Online, self-serve and self-pay resources to search for and connect with:
- Babysitters and nannies for regular and weekend care (including children with special needs)
and adult/elder caregivers available through Sittercity.
- Pet sitters, dog walkers, groomers and more – available through Sittercity.
- Elder care resources, planning and referrals – available through Years Ahead
and Long Term Solutions.
- Tutoring, test prep and homework help – available through BrightStudy™
- Housekeepers and additional homework help – available through Sittercity.
You are strongly encouraged to pre-register in advance of needing the service so you are already set up to use the program when you need care. There is no cost to register.
Username: Baystate Password: Healthy
After you are registered and are ready for care, call Bright Horizons at 877-BH-CARES (877-242-2737).