Sponsored Programs Administration
Sponsored Programs (SPA) provides the Baystate research community with pre- award and post-award administrative support for externally sponsored research projects. This includes NIH and other federally funded projects as well as commercial clinical trials.
The SPA office:
- Provides institutional review and endorsement for proposals
- Reviews and negotiates award agreements
- Requests the establishment of new project activities
- Prepares subawards and subcontracts
- Provides post-award business and financial assistance, advice, and approvals
- Performs compliance training and other activities for adherence to Baystate and sponsor regulations.
- Aids Finance in close-outs of awards and centrally budgets grant cost centers for Academic Affairs.