In 2020, BWIMS introduced an award to recognize outstanding contributions of women faculty/medical staff members.
Please direct all inquiries to Dr. Karin Johnson, (Karin.Johnson@baystatehealth.org).
Baystate Women in Medicine and Science (BWIMS) Impact Award
The BWIMS Impact Award honors women faculty or medical staff members who have demonstrated excellence in clinical care, education, research, and/or institutional service. In 2021, we will recognize the outstanding contributions of up to two individuals. The recipient(s) will receive this honor on September 29, 2021 at a virtual event. Please see below for eligibility criteria and nomination requirements.
- Nominees must identify as women
- Nominees must be faculty or medical staff members at UMMS-Baystate or Baystate Health, respectively, for at least two years
- Nominees must have demonstrated significant impact in clinical care, education, research, and/or institutional service
- Nominees will be assessed based on scope and impact of contributions, as well as level of effort and role. Consideration will be given to the extent of impact relative to years in profession or practice
- Individuals who were nominated in the past but not chosen for an award may be nominated again with updated letters. (A winner may be nominated again once five years have elapsed from receiving prior award.)
Each candidate must have at least two letters of nomination to be considered for an award. To nominate an individual for an award, please follow the guidelines below:
- Letters should be no more than 500 words each
- Letters should include the full name and title of the nominee, and names and titles of all nominators. Letters should also include the email address and phone number of one nominator
- Letters should comment specifically on achievements that support the nomination and provide details about the role the nominee played and the impact of those activities
Please submit letters (together or separately) to Elaine Pluta, Office of Faculty Affairs at UMMS-Baystate, at Elaine.Pluta@baystatehealth.org by June 14, 2021.