Baystate Women in Medicine and Science (BWIMS) Impact Award
The nomination period is currently closed. Please check back in Spring 2023.
The BWIMS Impact Award honors women faculty and medical staff members who have demonstrated excellence in clinical care, education, research, or institutional service.
Eligibility for BWIMS Impact Award
- Nominees must identify as women.
- Nominees must be faculty or medical staff members at UMass Chan – Baystate or Baystate Health, respectively, for at least two years.
- Nominees must have demonstrated significant influence in clinical care, education, research, and/or institutional service.
- Nominees will be assessed based on impact and scope of their contributions, as well as their initiative and role in these undertakings.
- Nominees cannot have received this award in the prior 5 years, but past candidates who did not win can be considered with updated letters of nomination.
BWIMS Impact Award Committee Co-Chairs.
Each candidate must have at least two distinct letters of nomination to be considered for an award. To nominate an individual for an award, please follow the guidelines below:
- Letters should be no more than 500 words each.
- Letters should include the full name and title of the nominee, and name, title, email address, and phone number of the nominator (no more than two nominators per letter).
- Letters should comment specifically on achievements that support the nomination and provide details about the role the nominee played, initiative taken, and the scope and impact of those achievements.
(updated September 2022)