Baystate Women in Medicine and Science (BWIMS) Impact Award
The nomination period is now closed. Please check back in April 2024.
The BWIMS Impact Award honors women faculty and medical staff members who have demonstrated excellence in institutional service, health care delivery, education, and/or research.
Eligibility for BWIMS Impact Award
- Nominees must identify as women.
- Nominees must be faculty or medical staff members at UMass Chan – Baystate or Baystate Health, respectively, for a minimum of two years.
- Nominees must have demonstrated significant influence in one or more areas: institutional service, health care delivery, education, and/or research.
- Nominees will be assessed based on impact and scope (local/regional/national) of their contributions, as well as their initiative and role in these undertakings.
- Past nominees who were not selected may be reconsidered with updated letters of nomination. (Prior award winners are not eligible)
Each candidate must have at least two distinct letters of nomination to be considered for an award. To nominate an individual for an award, please follow the guidelines below:
Questions about BWIMS Impact Award?
Please direct all inquiries to Dr. Rebecca Barron
BWIMS Impact Award Committee Co-Chairs.
- Letters should be no more than 500 words each.
- Letters should include the full name and title of the nominee, and name, title, email address, and phone number of the nominator (no more than two nominators per letter).
- Letters should comment specifically on achievements that support the nomination and provide details about the role the nominee played, initiative taken, and the scope and impact of those achievements.
(updated October 2023)