Goals for Interview Day
- We learn about you
- You learn about us
Interview Day Schedule
Your day starts at 8:00 am and concludes at approximately 1:00 pm.
We will split you into two groups—both groups will participate in all activities.
Registration & Breakfast (30 minutes)
Welcome Session (30 minutes)
- Brief overview of day
- Welcome from the Deans
Group 1: MMI interviews | Group 2: Walking tour of Baystate Medical Center (60 minutes)
Orientation to UMMS-Baystate (60 minutes)
- Learn about Baystate Health
- PURCH Specifics
Group 2: MMI interviews | Group 1: Walking tour of Baystate Medical Center (60 minutes)
Lunch (45 minutes)
- Q & A with Deans, Department Chairs, Learning Community Mentors, PURCH Teaching Faculty
- Review of the application process
Getting to Your Interview
Your interview will be at:
UMass Medical School-Baystate Campus
3601 Main Street
It takes approximately 1 hour to drive between the two campuses. Most of the route is on I-90 (Mass Turnpike) which has tolls.
(Map and directions on Google Maps)
- From Main Street, turn at the sign for 3601 Main St./Parking "N" Lot.
- Turn left at the top of the hill into the "N" lot, and park as directed by the parking attendant. (There is no charge for parking.)
- Our building is at the far end of the parking lot on the left.
- We share a building with Pioneer Valley Life Sciences Institute—look for their sign above the entrance.
- Enter the building and follow the sign to 3rd Floor Elevator: University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate.
- Take the elevator (on the right side of the hallway) to the third floor where you will be greeted by our staff.
If you are an out-of-state applicant coming to interview, our staff is here to help with questions you may have about travel arrangements to central and western Massachusetts.
The airport closest to Baystate is Bradley International Airport—only 25 minutes away from Springfield, MA in Windsor Locks, CT.
We may be able to provide accommodations for out-of-state applicants in our student housing on the night before, or after, your interview day in Springfield. Please email PURCH@baystatehealth.org to request housing. Note that, based on occupancy, requests may not always be accommodated.