Applying to the Pathology Residency
The Department of Pathology participates in the ERAS program for the residency application process. A completed ERAS application includes:
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- USMLE scores
Baystate's Pathology Residency Program requires:
- USMLE scores: Score of 85 or higher on Step 1 & 2, with no more than 1 fail/attempt.
- Graduation from Medical School: Must be within the past five (5) years.
- Clinical Experience: Does not include observership within past two (2) years.
- Visa: J-1
H-1B accepted only with:
- Successfully passed all USMLE steps 1, 2, & 3.
- approval from Residency Program Director
- approval from DIO
- ECFMG Certification
- All residency candidates must fulfill Baystate Resident Appointment Requirements.
Once completed applications are reviewed, qualified applicants will be invited to interview.
In general, we offer interviews in October, November, December, and January.
Gretchen Lussier, GME Program Administrator II