Fall Retreat (Full-day)
During the first week of October when the New England weather is great, we get together in a barn. This retreat is facilitated by our Program Director, Associate Program Directors, Program Coordinators, and Chief Residents.
We usually finish the afternoon with pizza and a group activity.
- Promote group camaraderie and a culture of teamwork
- Discuss the idea of safety and our culture of “asking for help”
- Set personal and group goals for the year
Spring Retreat (Half-day)
At the end of first year, this retreat offers a chance for residents to reflect on the past year, re-evaluate their goals, and prepare for year ahead as a Manager. It focuses on self-directed learning, managing, and "managing up."
- Develop confidence and a deeper understanding of oneself
- Become more autonomous in clinical skills and education
- Build a stronger bond with advisors
May Retreat (Full-day)
This annual leadership retreat focuses on enhancing residents’ skills in teaching, managing conflict, and team building—all of which are crucial for a successful year as a Teacher.
We end this retreat with Axe throwing, an activity loved by our residents.
- Learn the skills to transition from the role of Manager to Teacher in our program
- Identify the crucial role our PGY-3 residents have in the culture of our program and community
Mid-year Retreat (Half-day)
This retreat offers our residents to “look back and move forward.” It's a time to reflect on their accomplishments and focus on their future career development.
We celebrate our sense of family and our residents’ professional accomplishments over three years of training.
- Explore life goals and the anxieties of leaving residency
- Look back at the SWOTS completed early in the intern year
- Reflect on graduate medical training and provide our program with suggestions for improvement