Look for us at the ASHP Mid-year Conference Residency Showcase
- Tuesday, December 10
- 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Booth #5270
We look forward to meeting you!
Jason Cross, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP
Residency Program Director
Associate Professor of Pharmacy, MCPHS-University
Clinical Pharmacist, Baystate Medical Center
Ask Our 2019-2020 PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residents
Kelsey Leite, PharmD
I am from Easton, MA and attended pharmacy school at Western New England University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
My Poster: Evaluation of Changes in Blood Pressure Facilitated by A Pharmacists in an Ambulatory Care Hypertension Clinic
I am interested in pursuing a PGY2 in ambulatory care and academia. I chose this residency for its ambulatory care and transitions of care focus, and the unique opportunities offered—such as specialty pharmacy and pediatrics. Feel free to ask me any questions you have!
Jenna Lee, PharmD
My hometown is Rome, NY and I went to pharmacy school at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Albany, NY.
My Poster: Pharmacist Impact on Implementing Guideline Directed Medication Therapy Prior to Discharge in Patients Hospitalized for Acute Heart Failure
I am interested in transitions of care, and ambulatory care focused in diabetes, cardiology and geriatrics. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions via email, or chat with me at Midyear!
Baystate PGY1 Community Pharmacy Program-at-a-Glance
Our program builds on your Doctor of Pharmacy education to develop your skills as clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions within a health system.Graduates are eligible for board certification and for PGY2 pharmacy residency or fellowship training.
We participate in the ASHP residency match and are accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
- Affiliations: MCPHS University, Worcester, MA and Western New England University, Springfield, MA
- Length of Program: 12 months
- Residents Accepted into Program: 2
- Total Number of Pharmacy Staff: 60
Resident Salary & Benefits
- Estimated Stipend: $48,000.00
- 18 Paid Time Off Days (Holiday, Vacation and Sick)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Travel to ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Eastern States Residency Conference
- Educational support
We strive to address our pharmacy residents’ career goals and interest areas. Focused training includes:
- In-patient acute care medicine (Internal Medicine and Acute Heart Failure)
- Ambulatory Care Pharmacotherapy Clinics
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Transitions of Care
- Outpatient Pharmacy Services