Applying to the Nurse Residency Program
- Bachelor Degree or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program
- 12 months or less of RN work experience
- Massachusetts RN licensure
- Senior practicum conducted in area of specialty is preferred
Three cohorts annually: March, July and September
Opening are posted on the Baystate Career Opportunities Website—search for "New Nurse Grad Residency Program" positions. Clinical areas may vary seasonally, depending on the current staffing needs of Baystate Medical Center.
- Check postings in early spring for July hire
- Check postings in early summer for September hire
- Check postings in late fall for March hire
- Complete the online application process on the Baystate Career Opportunities Website.
- Submit a current resume outlining relevant clinical and work experience.
- If you accept an offer, please prepare the following documents for Human Resources:
- Your official transcript from the school of nursing you graduated from or your original diploma
- Two letters of recommendation (from a faculty and a manager/supervisor)
- Required only for Baystate VNA: current drivers license and proof of current auto insurance by start date
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR certification by start date
- If selected, you will be invited to attend an Open House that includes a Nurse Residency Program information overview. You will also receive your interview(s) appointment(s).