Applying to the Program
Application deadline is November 15.
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com:
- Letter of interest
- Current CV
- 3 references, including Residency Program Director
Prior to matriculation to fellowship training at Baystate Medical Center, all incoming fellows must have:
- Successful completion of a 3 or 4 year ACGME or Dual-Accredited Emergency Medicine Residency.
- Board eligible in Emergency Medicine
- A full medical license from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine prior to starting and all necessary certifications to practice independently
- A demonstrated interest and competency in medical education
- Satisfactory findings from all pre-employment verifications conducted that may include a combination of the following criminal background and/or CORI file review, professional references, license verification, driving record evaluation, and credentialing review
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination including a urine drug test
- All fellowship candidates must fulfill Baystate's Resident/Fellow Appointment Requirements.
Consistent with recommendations from the AAMC and the ACGME, UMMS-Baystate GME programs will conduct interviews virtually for all applicants. The chosen platform is Thalamus.
We are developing the process as well as the schedule for the 2020-2021 interview season, and updates will be published when available.
Contact for Questions
Tara Rivest, Fellowship Coordinator
Baystate Medical Center
Department of Emergency Medicine
759 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01199