The purpose of the Emergency Medicine Administrative Fellowship at Baystate Medical Center, regional campus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, is to provide young clinicians with the mentored experience and didactics necessary for them to become successful independent future leaders in academic Emergency Medicine.
Fellows also have the opportunity to attend the University of Massachusetts Isenberg School of Management to obtain an M.B.A.
Fellowship Director: Joseph C. Schmidt, MD phone: 413-794-5999 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Coordinator: Tara Rivest, Department of Emergency Medicine phone: 413-794-5999 email: email@example.com
- Length of the fellowship: 1 year or 2 years for the Masters Degree fellowship
- Number of fellows: 1 - 2 fellows per year
- Baystate Medical Center is a 716 bed, Level-1 Trauma Center & Pediatric Hospital
- Annual census > 120,000 (75% adults, 28% admission rate, 7% ICU admissions)
- There are 30 full-time faculty members in the Emergency Medicine department at the main campus with varied research, education, and administrative responsibilities.
Fellow Benefits & Facilities
- We have attempted to maintain salaries in the 75th percentile nationally, and here in western Massachusetts, we enjoy a lower cost of living than in major urban areas. View our complete list of salaries and benefits.
- Moonlighting opportunities
- Office space
- Generous benefits package
- Disability/Malpractice/Health and Dental/Life insurance
- Paid vacation and CME time
- Professional education account and tuition allocation
- Start-up funds available
- Clinical Responsibility: 12 hours per week (average) as an attending physician to maintain clinical competency
- Research Requirement:
- Design and implementation of an original research project
- Presentation and publication of study results
- Preparation and submission of a competitive career development grant proposal