Save the date for next year! > > > June 3, 2020
2019 Celebration of Research & Education
Download the 2019 agenda
BERST Outstanding Teaching Award
The Outstanding Teaching Award recognizes those across Baystate Health who actively engage in motivating learners, valuing reflection, and fostering a growth mindset.
- Heather Beattie, RN, JD — Risk Management
- Carly Detterman, CNM — Midwifery & Women's Health
- Tara Catanzano, MD — Radiology
- Michael Chalifoux, MD — Anesthesiology
- Stanlies D'Souza MD — Anesthesiology
- Jennifer Hayford RDMS, RVT — Radiology
- Donald Kirton, MD — Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Christopher Otis, MD — Pathology
- Anna Paskausky, FNP — Adult Medicine
- Robert Rothstein, MD — Newborn Medicine
- Anthony Shamoun, RN — Nurse Education
- Donald Watson, RN — Patient Care Services
BERST Impact Award
The Impact Award recognizes those who applied the BERST principles of motivation, reflection and/or growth mind set to create change or improve practice. Recipient(s) may have solved a problem, improved quality, addressed an issue, motivated colleagues, or created a project, program, workshop, or experience for their colleagues, their learners, and/or for patients.
- Kimberly Marohn, MD — Pediatric Critical Care
Award for Outstanding Clinical Research Support
The Award for Outstanding Clinical Research Support recognizes the exceptional contribution of a research staff member who has made outstanding contributions to the research mission through service to the institution and/or who have brought recognition to the institution through service to national organizations. This person recognizes and takes action to solve systems issues that influence the conduct of clinical research at Baystate, or by demonstrating their knowledge, leadership, and skills at a regional or national level.
- Laura Gebhardt — Maternal Fetal Medicine
Research Translation Award
The Research Translation Award recognizes researchers who take a proactive approach to sharing their research with the public. This award highlights research that shows promise to translate into better health and wellbeing for the community we serve.
- Mihaela Stefan, MD, PhD — Medicine and Institute for Healthcare Delivery and Population Science
Excellence in Research Mentoring Award
The Excellence in Research Mentoring Award recognizes outstanding research mentors who have exceeded expectations in providing opportunities and guidance to an early career investigator at Baystate. These exceptional mentors demonstrate an interest in the experiences, academic goals, and research career plans of their mentee. An excellent mentor has provided the background, leadership and advice necessary to propel junior investigators toward success with their research. This person guides with a kind and keen eye and works with junior investigators in a way that advances their learning as well as their scholarly work.
- Timothy Mader, MD — Emergency Medicine and Institute for Healthcare Delivery and Population Science
Early Career Investigator Award
The Early Career Investigator Award recognizes new and early stage investigators who are innovators of the future; bring fresh approaches to existing research problems, and pioneer new areas of investigation. This award is specifically designed to recognize an early career investigator who has great potential to make research contributions in coming years or receive significant external research funding. The investigator has shown strong early-career development that will lay the groundwork for future research productivity.
- Elizabeth Peacock-Chambers, MD, MSc — Pediatrics and Institute for Healthcare Delivery and Population Science