Baystate Health Sports Medicine programs provide a full range of services to help athletes regain function, achieve recovery, and get back into the game. Our team of professionals works with a patient's referring physician to develop an individualized care plan.
Locations & Services
Baystate Franklin Medical Center Sports and Exercise Medicine- A multidisciplinary sports medicine program designed to care for athletes and athletic individuals of all ages and abilities from injury prevention to the non-surgical treatments and rehabilitation of sports-related illnesses and injuries.
Baystate Rehabilitation Care Sports Injury Clinic - A free, monthly sports injury clinic sponsored by physical therapists at Baystate Rehabilitation Care. Services include:
- Referrals to appropriate professionals for the care of injuries beyond its scope.
- Thorough screening with a licensed physical therapist
- Recommendations to alleviate the injury if it is in the scope of the clinic.
- Referrals to appropriate professionals for the care of injuries beyond its scope
Baystate Medical Center Sports Concussion Clinic - The Baystate Medical Center Sports Concussion Clinic treats sports-related concussions and uses neuropsychology, physiatry and physical and occupational therapy to educate, evaluate and manage concussion injuries.
Sports Medicine Clinic
Getting You Back in the Game
Baystate Rehabilitation Care's Sports Medicine Clinic provides a full range of rehabilitation services to help injured athletes recover and regain function.
Our board certified physiatrist, Julio Martinez-Silvestrini, MD, has extensive training and experience in treating orthopedic musculoskeletal injuries. He completed his sports medicine fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Our team of physical therapists is committed to providing a customized therapy plan to speed recovery and allow athletes to safely return to their sports. Injuries sustained in recreational, organized, or professional sports are all appropriate for treatment, including stress to muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, and other areas.
Athletes interested in performance improvement can also benefit from biomechanical analysis and our individualized strength and conditioning program.
Sports Medicine Services Include:
- Evaluation by a Sports Medicine Physiatrist
- Customized Physical Therapy
- Injury Prevention and Reoccurrence Education
- Biomechanical Analysis
- Performance Enhancement
- Strength and Conditioning
- Educational Lectures to Coaches, Students, Public
The Sports Medicine Clinic is open every Monday from 3pm-6pm at 360 Birnie Ave. in Springfield, MA. This clinic is designed for high school, college, and recreational athletes with recent acute and sub-acute injuries.
For more information, please call us at 413-794-1150
Baystate Rehabilitation Care Sports Medicine Clinic
360 Birnie Avenue, Springfield , MA 01199. Directions
Sports and Exercise Medicine
At Baystate Medical Practices Sports & Exercise Medicine we care for and treat athletes and active individuals participating in all levels of sports from school-aged children, to the weekend warrior, to the professional level.
Athletes Treating Athletes
Under the direction of Dr. Darius Greenbacher, Sports & Exercise Medicine takes a multidisciplinary approach to care for athletes and active individuals from injury prevention to non-surgical care and rehabilitation of sports related illnesses and injuries. Our specialists provide expert evaluations and create personalized treatment plans for your rehabilitation so you can recover as quickly and safely as possible.
- Rapid care with individualized care plans
- Sports concussions - including ImPACT
- State-of-the-art imaging technology
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections
- Individualized return to play plan of each athlete
- Physician-directed physical therapy
- Consultation services for coaches/trainers
- Community education and screening programs
- Medical coverage at sporting events
- Coaches' Hotline for rapid assessment & care of athletes
- Dietary consultation
- Kinesio taping for pain management/improved function
- Biomechanical evaluation
- Certified Athletic Trainers
With Sports & Exercise Medicine practices located in Greenfield and Northampton, MA, our sports medicine team provides comprehensive care across the Pioneer Valley. The providers at BMP Sports & Exercise Medicine pride themselves on understanding the "athletic mind-set". They work with the patient, tailoring care around training and competition schedules. All of the providers are themselves athletes which helps them care for each person with understanding and compassion.
About Dr. Greenbacher
Darius Greenbacher, MD, Sports Medicine Program Director
American Board of Emergency Medicine
||University of Minnesota
||Baystate Medical Center (Emergency Medicine)
||University of Massachusetts Medical School (Sports Medicine)