Baystate Health Sports Medicine programs provide a full range of services to help athletes of all ages regain function, achieve recovery, and get back into the game. Our team of professionals works with a patient's referring physician to develop an individualized care plan.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center Sports and Exercise Medicine
At Baystate Medical Practices Sports & Exercise Medicine we care for and treat athletes and active individuals participating in all levels of sports from school-aged children, to the weekend warrior, to the professional level.
Under the direction of Dr. Darius Greenbacher, Sports & Exercise Medicine takes a multidisciplinary approach to care for athletes and active individuals from injury prevention to non-surgical care and rehabilitation of sports related illnesses and injuries. Our specialists provide expert evaluations and create personalized treatment plans for your rehabilitation so you can recover as quickly and safely as possible. Services include:
- Rapid care with individualized care plans
- Sports concussions - including ImPACT
- State-of-the-art imaging technology
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections
- Individualized return to play plan of each athlete
- Physician-directed physical therapy
- Consultation services for coaches/trainers
- Community education and screening programs
- Medical coverage at sporting events
- Coaches' Hotline for rapid assessment & care of athletes
- Dietary consultation
- Kinesio taping for pain management/improved function
- Biomechanical evaluation
- Certified Athletic Trainers
Baystate Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
We will work with the athlete, parents, athletic trainers, coaches and primary care providers and other health professionals to streamline a safe return to play for our young athletes. Our team is lead by Dr. Martinez-Silvestrini, a board certified Sports Medicine specialist and includes experienced physical therapists and other affiliated health professionals
Baystate Rehabilitation Care Sports Injury Clinic
Baystate Rehabilitation Care offers a free, monthly sports injury clinic sponsored by physical therapists at Baystate Rehabilitation Care. Services include:
- Referrals to appropriate professionals for the care of injuries beyond its scope.
- Thorough screening with a licensed physical therapist
- Recommendations to alleviate the injury if it is in the scope of the clinic.
- Referrals to appropriate professionals for the care of injuries beyond its scope
Baystate Medical Center Sports Concussion Clinic
The Baystate Medical Center Sports Concussion Clinic is an interdisciplinary program that treats sports-related concussions.