Speech and Language
Our Adult and Pediatric Speech and Language Pathology staff provide evaluation and treatment services for a variety of diagnoses affecting a patient's skills between infancy and above..Our speech-language pathologists:
- Assess speech and language development in both children and adults
- Treat language and speech disorders ranging from simple sound substitutions, to cognitive disorders and swallowing disorders. These include working with children with Autism Spectrum disorders.
- Helping stroke victims restore lost speech and language functions.
Our program provides education and training to parents and caregivers regarding the patient's communication and swallowing difficulties to maximize skills outside the treatment session. Our program model is based on short-term goals developed between the parent, parent/caregiver and the clinician. All patients are seen for individual sessions.
- Speech-language pathologists at Baystate Rehabilitation Care locations are trained to assess and treat speech, language and swallowing development in both children and adults.
- Our speech pathologists hold Master's degrees and Certificates of Clinical Competence (CCC), awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. They are licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.