Pediatric Sports Medicine
Who We Are:
Most kids will play sports, either at school, community leagues and teams or with their friends. Our goal at the Sports Medicine Program is to provide optimal early evaluation and treatment of sports and exercise related injuries that will allow athletes to recover and return to play faster and preventing re-injuries.
- Pioneering Sports Concussion treatments using a multidisciplinary team of:
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Neuropsychology services using the multimodal return to play protocols.
- Evaluating and treating athletes of all levels, from the novice to professional athletes.
- Advising athletes about injury prevention
We will work with the athlete, parents, athletic trainers, coaches and primary care providers and other health professionals to streamline a safe return to play for our young athletes.
- Dr. Martinez-Silvestrini, a board certified Sports Medicine specialist
- Experienced physical therapists and other affiliated health professionals
Julio A. Martinez-Silvestrini, M.D.
Medical School: University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus
Residency: University of Puerto Rico
Board Certification: Am Bd Physical Medical & Rehabilitation (Certified), Sports Medicine (Certified)
Specialty: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine
Patient Insurance and Billing Information