Who We Are:
The Pediatric Radiology program is a subspecialty within the Department of Radiology that provides specialized imaging services for neonates, infants, children, adolescents, and young adults using state-of-the-art technologies in a safe, child and family friendly environment.
Baystate Children's Hospital is the only hospital in the region that employs pediatric radiologists who specialize in radiology for pediatric patients and Baystate Medical Center is the only institution in Western Massachusetts that offers fetal MRI.
- Standard X-rays
- Nuclear medicine
- Diagnostic radiology
Our innovative strategies and technologies:
- Sedation - a joint program with Pediatric Anesthesiology to help ensure quality scans
- Fetal MRI - a specialized MRI that allows us to further investigate potentially serious fetal anomalies in the brain, spine, thorax, and abdomen without the use of sedation or radiation."
- "Image gently" - efforts to reduce medical radiation in children
Learn more about these innovations and pediatric radiology...
Learn how to prepare your child for a VCUG (voiding cystourethrogram) test.
A child and family-friendly environment:
- Bright colors and toys in the pediatric waiting room provide comfort for children and their families.
- The exam rooms are staffed by a dedicated group of radiology technologists who create a safe, family friendly environment.
- Nurses and Child Life specialists are also key members of the team.
- Stanley M. Polansky, MD
- Stephen C. O'Connor, MD
- Tara Catanzano, MD
Meet the team....
Patient Insurance and Billing Information