Applying to the Psychiatry Residency Program
The Psychiatry Residency Program at Baystate Medical Center participates in the ERAS Program for the residency application process. To obtain information about an application for our Psychiatry Residency Program, visit the ERAS website.
- Applications received by mail will not be accepted.
- The deadline for the receipt of the ERAS application is December 15th.
- Upon receipt of the application, it will be reviewed and an invitation for an interview will be extended by e-mail to selected qualified applicants.
- Completed Common ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean's Letter
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE Step I and II (Step II must be available by February)
- Photo (optional)
- All residency applicants must fulfill Baystate's Resident & Fellow Appointment Requirements.
For international medical graduates, Baystate Medical Center supports J1 Clinical Visas. We require U.S. clinical experience involving direct patient care. Valid ECFMG certification must be obtained prior to starting the program.
In general, we interview on Mondays and Fridays from November through January.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you.